Chapter 42 | psycotic break

In a matter of days, Gabriel's life had been falling apart around him. Nathalie and Adrien ran off, he lost the miraculous, and now he'd finally gone down to the basement and realised that Emilie was gone.

The sight of that empty coffin made something in him snap, he knew where she'd be and in a fit of utter rage and fury he marched himself down to the household of Jagged Stone and despite it being midnight, pounded on the front door.

The noise woke up the boys, who stirred from their sleep cuddle together and took a moment to realise what the noise was.

"Is that banging?" Adrien asked, still half asleep.

"I think so..." Luka replied.

"What's... it's midnight?"

Luka got up and went to go look out the window but the sudden sound of yelling stopped him in his tracks. He knew that voice, and so did Adrien, all too well. They shared a nervous glance and the two of them were quick to rush into the hallway and peek around the corner from the top of the stairs to see what was going on. Sure enough, it was Gabriel.

Jagged had woke up to the noise, opened the wooden door, but not the screen door so he could see and talk to Gabriel but Gabriel couldn't get in.

"Get off my property Agreste, it's midnight" He scowled.

"I know she's in there, GIVE HER TO ME" Gabriel snapped.

Adrien immediately knew what was going on, so did Luka. It wasn't hard to figure out. Luka wrapped an arm around Adrien protectively and pulled him against his body, providing some contact comfort and instinctively wanting to protect him. Nathalie and Emilie were quick to wake up to the noise and rush down the hall as well, coming up behind the boys and ushering them away. Nathalie was furious at not only being woken up but having to deal with Gabriel again. She was quick to March down the stairs and tell the man to fuck right off.

"Sweetie go back to bed, we'll deal with this" Emilie said.

"No, I wanna make sure you're all ok" Adrien replied.

"We'll be alright Adrien, I don't want you having a panic attack from all this"

"But what if he-"

"Adrien..."

Emilie put her hands on her sons shoulders, giving him a gentle look.

"It's ok, we'll be alright. Look if you want to watch and make sure everything is ok... at least stay up here and out of the way. And if things get too much go back to bed, Luka take care of him ok?" She said.

"I will, don't worry" Luka replied, pulling Adrien in closer.

Emilie headed down the stairs, furious and overtired. As soon as Gabriel saw his now undead wife, he immediately switched to manipulation mode and softened his tone.

"Emilie, darling are you-" he began.

"Save it. I know what you did to my baby, I can't BELIEVE you Gabriel. You're a monster, I never should have trusted you, I never should have been anything to you. Get off the property and leave me alone" She spat.

"Emilie don't say that, I'm your husband! Don't tell me they've all gaslit you into thinking-"

"YOU are the gaslighter here. I regret ever marrying you, you know how much Adrien means to me and you FUCKING HIT HIM GABRIEL. YOUR SON, MY BABY BOY-"

"Emilie-"

"NO GABRIEL, WE'RE DONE. I WANT A DIVORCE AND I WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER" Emilie exclaimed.