Chapter 31 | music

Ever since Adrien had discovered his love for writing, he'd been a writing machine. Mainly lyrics and story ideas, and of course, Luka was keen to see them.

So while they were out on the water, driving the houseboat around Luka had pulled out his guitar and the two of them were brainstorming ways to put the lyrics Adrien had been writing into another song. By the time they'd gotten back to the docks, they'd managed to get a good amount done.

It was a fun day, they'd been swimming, had the sweetest fruit for lunch, spent time making music and soaking up the sun. They still had some time together for the day, so they sat on the deck together writing up music.

"Ooh do a lower note, then pick it up higher to loop back around. Like 1-2 1-2-3-4 1-2..." Adrien suggested, tapping out the beat with his pen.

Luka strummed the chords, two low, four going higher, and two low again. It sounded just as Adrien was imagining it.

"Yes like that, and when it gets to 'tell me you love me' pause before going into the chorus" Adrien said.

"All right, from the top" Luka replied.

Starting from the beginning, he played out what they'd written so far Adrien reading over the lyrics as he played thinking about how to sing them in tune with the chords. It was coming together, it had that heart beat like vibe he was thinking of.

"Yes that's perfect! Exactly what I was thinking" Adrien smiled.

Hearing footsteps on the creaky docks, the two of them looked up to see who it was. And to their surprise, it was Lukas dad.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" Luka asked.

"My rock and roll senses were tingling, you're making music" Jagged joked.

Adrien hadn't seen him de-stage-ified before. Usually he was in full glam rock with liberty spikes in his hair. But today, he was simply dressed in jeans and a band shirt with his hair pulled back into a ponytail. It was odd seeing Jagged stone so... normal.

"Well yes, but seriously what's up?" Luka snickered.

"Talkin to your mother, about you actually Agreste" Jagged replied.

"Me?" Adrien asked.

"Yeah, about the whole situation. She and Nathalie figured if anything happened you could come hide with me since I have the legal power to go up against your father"

That was true, Jagged Stone was just as famous as Gabriel Agreste. Just for different things, in fact they'd worked together. Gabriel had made some of Jagged's stage outfits, although Jagged had gone on record saying working with Gabriel was a nightmare. He didn't really like the man, but he did like Adrien. He'd mentioned to Luka when he came up in conversation once that Adrien was 'a rockin kid' and 'wayyy cooler than his old man'.

The rockstar picked up the notebook the boys had been writing in to see what they were making, and was rather impressed with what he saw.

"Not bad, although this kind of thing would be best on a less rock and roll guitar and a more deep, smooth one" Jagged said.

"Oh you're right! Hang on let me get my other one" Luka replied, he quickly got up and swapped the guitars.

Putting the one he was using on his stand and grabbing the one next to it, he plugged it in to the amp and strummed a few chords to adjust the volume.

"That already sounds way better" Adrien said.

"I was just thinking that, from the top again" Luka replied.