Chapter 32 | Peacock sickness

She really couldn't keep doing this, even though the miraculous was fixed she was still too weak to be using it. But Nathalie was determined to fix things, and she'd stolen the miraculous again to meet up with the heroes about their plan of action.

Atop one of the taller buildings away from prying eyes, she had to lean against the railing to keep herself on her feet as she felt lightheaded.

Adrien hated having to pretend he didn't have a personal connection to Nathalie when he was Cat Noir, he wanted to help her in her sickness endives weakness. But he had to act as if he wasn't Adrien.

"So everything is planned? Adrien has a place to go?" Ladybug asked.

"He does. I've organised it with the parents of a very close friend, he'll stay with them when the time comes to escape" Nathalie replied.

"Gabriel hasn't... done anything recently has he?"

"Nothing physical. But I caught him trying to manipulate Adrien into staying home and not seeing his friends again... as usual. I stepped in"

Adrien wanted to rant about his father, bitch about his annoying that attempted manipulation was. But ladybug didn't know it was him, he had to stay silent.

"Alright, that's my biggest concern here. Is that he's able to go somewhere safe. Here's what I've come up with..." Ladybug began.

The three sat around in a circle to pay full attention, and so Nathalie could take a break from standing for a bit.

"When the time is right, when he's distracted or something take Adrien and get him to his friends place for safety. Maybe in the middle of the night so he can't stop you, when he's asleep. Once Adrien is out of the way and and in a safe place, you disarm a part of the security system so we can get in. The best way to do this is without a fight, the less violence the better. We'll steal back the miraculous when he's not looking, and once we have them and he has no possible power we get the police involved. Catch him off guard" ladybug explained.

"Good idea and all, but he's always wearing the butterfly miraculous. How do we get it off him without him noticing?" Cat asked.

"Uh... right, good point..."

"He takes it off to sleep, so he doesn't break it by accidentally leaning on it. It can all be done at night when he's sleeping, but he has a habit of staying up super late so we'll have to pick a good day to strike" Nathalie explained.

The heroes thought for a moment, coming up with ways to tweak the plan to fit the situation.

"Got it. On the night best suited for the strike, send an un-affected akuma out to find us. When we see it we'll know tonight is the night, and come as soon as we see it" Cat suggested.

Of course he'd know first hand when the time to strike was, he was Adrien after all. But sending the signal to ladybug like that would be a good way to discretely communicate it was go time.

"Good idea. As you and Adrien leave once he'd asleep, leave a window open and the security off so we can get in. Then send out the butterfly and we can sneak in. As soon we were out with the miraculous, we'll get the police down there to take him into custody. All of it happens as he's asleep and unaware, it's an ambush" Ladybug said.

"Perfect. I can definitely do that, I'll talk to the friends family about showing up late so there's no confusion on anyones end" Nathalie agreed.

They had their plan, they were ready to go. All they needed to do was wait for the right night to strike.

But, the conversation wasn't done just yet...

"Hey... I've been thinking about all of this and..." Cat began.