4.UGLY

At Second Grade

The Tannies, with their infectious enthusiasm, bombarded their parents with relentless pleas to visit Mrs. Jeon and her newborn baby. Jimin, in particular, was determined to see the little bundle of joy and would not take no for an answer.

"Amma, please! I want to see the baby now!" Jimin's pout was in full force as he desperately sought permission to go to the hospital.

"Jiminie, we'll go tomorrow. I'm a little busy today," Mrs. Park replied, hoping to appease her persistent son.

"This is what you said yesterday!" Jimin's frustration reached its peak, and tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Oh, Miniee, please don't cry," Mrs. Park pleaded, unable to resist Jimin's tearful plea.

"Then take me to the hospital!" Jimin demanded, his voice trembling amidst his tears.

Sighing, Mrs. Park relented, realizing that there was no stopping Jimin's determination. She agreed to take him to the hospital to see the newborn baby.

Jimin's heart raced with excitement as they neared the hospital. It was his very first time seeing a newborn baby, and he couldn't contain his curiosity.

He dashed into the hospital and spotted Mrs. Jeon with her precious bundle in her arms.

"Amma!" Jimin whispered in awe, and Mrs. Jeon's face lit up with a radiant smile.

"Jiminieeeeeee!" Mrs. Jeon exclaimed in surprise, overjoyed to see the little boy.

Jimin rushed towards her, planting a gentle kiss on her belly, as if to offer his own form of reassurance and care.

"Are you okay?" he asked, genuine concern evident in his voice.

Mrs. Jeon was taken aback by Jimin's question, touched by his empathy.

"Why do you ask me that, Jiminie?" she inquired, curious to know his reasoning.

"Hmm... When the baby comes, you'll have pain in your stomach, right? My amma told me!" Jimin explained, his lips pouting slightly.

"And when we kiss someone, our pain goes away!" he giggled, displaying his innocent wisdom.

Mrs. Jeon tenderly ran her fingers through Jimin's hair, moved by his empathetic nature and the sweetness of his words.

"Do you want to see the baby?" she asked, eager to fulfill Jimin's excitement.

"Yes!" Jimin replied eagerly, his eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Mrs. Jeon led him to a cradle, revealing her precious newborn baby. Jimin's eyes widened with wonder and awe as he beheld the tiny, adorable being before him.

"He is sooooooooooo much cuter than Ggukie!" Jimin whispered in awe, unable to contain his admiration. He lightly poked the baby's cheeks, half-expecting the newborn to vanish like a magical illusion.

"It's real..." Jimin marveled, his voice filled with astonishment as he gazed at the baby in pure fascination.

He took his time examining every feature, memorizing the delicate details until Mrs. Park gently interrupted, reminding him that it was time to return home.

Jimin's pout returned, his desire to spend more time with the baby still strong. Reluctantly, he tore his gaze away from the newborn and turned to Mrs. Jeon.

"Amma, I promise I'll come back soon to see the baby again," Jimin declared, his determination evident in his voice.

Mrs. Jeon smiled warmly, touched by Jimin's words. She knew he would keep his promise.