5.Losing weight

At Park Home

Jimin looked at the mirror and he was scanning how chubby his cheeks were.

Jimin stared at himself in the mirror, pouting and squeezing his cheeks, questioning his appearance. "Do I look more chubby?" he wondered aloud, his eyes searching for any signs of extra weight. With a sigh of relief, he realized his belly was still small and smiled at the thought.

"How can I lose weight?" Jimin contemplated to himself, trying to come up with a plan. Just then, a loud thud from the living room jolted him out of his thoughts. Concerned, he hurriedly made his way to the source of the noise.

To his dismay, he found his parents engaged in a heated argument. "What are you two doing?" Jimin's presence alone caused his parents to momentarily halt their fight.

"Jimin, let's go and sleep," Mrs. Park said, extending her hand towards him, but he pushed her away. Tears welled up in his eyes as he questioned, "Are you two fighting again?"

Mr. Park crouched down to Jimin's level, trying to console him. "Hey, who told you we are fighting?" he asked, gently cupping Jimin's cheeks.

"Then kiss her!" Jimin sulked, hoping that a simple gesture of love could mend their differences.

Mr. Park leaned in and kissed his wife, attempting to appease their distraught child. Jimin's face brightened with a smile as he observed the display of affection between his parents. "Let's go and sleep, Jimin. It's time," Mrs. Park urged, leading him back to their bedroom.

However, in the middle of the night, Jimin woke up feeling parched. He reached out for his mother, only to find her absent from the room. As he listened intently, the familiar sound of arguing reached his ears once again. Determined to understand what was happening, he hurriedly left the room.

In the living room, the sight of his parents locked in yet another fight broke Jimin's heart. Overwhelmed by the realization that they had lied to him, tears streamed down his cheeks uncontrollably. Unable to bear the noise and the pain in his heart, he covered his ears tightly, shutting out the world around him.

"Gguk...," Jimin sobbed, calling out for Jungkook, his voice filled with a desperate longing for comfort. In that moment, all he wanted was to be held tightly by his dear friend, hoping that Jungkook's embrace could provide solace and security in the midst of the chaos.

.
.

Morning

Jimin stood alone in the schoolyard, his heart heavy with sorrow. His parents, preoccupied with their own lives, hadn't noticed his emotional turmoil. As Mrs. Park dropped him off at school, she hurriedly drove away without a second glance. Jimin, usually cheerful and sociable, walked slowly to his class without greeting anyone.

But then, he spotted Jungkook in the playground. A flicker of hope sparked in Jimin's eyes, and he decided to approach his best friend. As he moved closer, his steps faltered when he saw Catherine by Jungkook's side.

"What are they doing?" Jimin's pout intensified as he cautiously approached them. His heart sank when he witnessedCatherine kissing Jungkook, a painful sight that bit at his trembling lips. Before he could compose himself, he was caught red-handed as Jungkook's eyes locked with his.

Jimin forced a weak smile and waved his hand, trying to appear unaffected. "Hi, Jimin!" Catherine greeted him cheerfully.

"Hey..." Jimin's voice barely whispered, his emotions threatening to spill over. He turned his gaze toward Jungkook, but his best friend ignored him, leaving him feeling abandoned.