Chapter four Visiting Elle

"Wake up beautiful" Toa said, I blink my eyes open. It's been two days since i've had my surgery and I couldn't be happier, it just feels so surreal like a dream or a parallel universe.
"Thanks hubby" I've called him that everyday since we got married, cause I know how cringy he thinks it is. "Omg" he says as he rolls his eyes. The doctor walks in and checks up on me and asks "are you sure your up for visitors today" "yup i've been dying to see my friends"
"ok they will be up shortly" I couldn't contain my excitement and a big smile appeared on my face. "Omg" "Elle" "how are you" the whole paris squad came flooding in like a wave. "Hi guys" I say shooting a big smile. Nick couldn't contain himself and gave me a big hug, I knew he was going to do that. He really does give the best hugs though. Nick had so much empathy for others and that has always been my favourite things about him beside the fact that he saved Charlie's life more than one time, I will forever be grateful for that. Whenever someone was sad they better expect a Nick hug.

(Nicks perspective)
We all walked into the hospital, I see my beautiful best friend sitting there with a huge smile painted across her face. Every since i've known her back in high school, I knew she wanted this surgery so bad. I felt uncontrollably happy for her I couldn't stop myself from giving her a big hug, I hold her tight and and she rests her tired body on mine. I could tell her body was completely drained from the surgery because once I latched on to her, he body melted onto mine and I was holding all her weight. I waited tell she was ready to let go, I could tell her neck was tired. As she lets go we lock eye contact and she mouths thank you. I knew how much she needed that. Making people feel better was my favourite feeling in the world, I felt useful.

(Charlie's perspective)
We all walked into to my sweet Elle's room, omg was she ever gorgeous. Elle had always been the most amazing friend to me; she had been dreaming of this moment for so long. A single tear falls from my eye to my check rolling down my face slowly as I look at her sitting there with a huge smile overcoming her face. Seeing her in this state of relief, happiness, and excitement made me feel so happy for her. "How are you feeling Elle?" I ask she says "Amazing." The next thing I know I turn to Nick, I could tell the look he was giving her, he was going to hug her. Nick steps closer to her and goes in for a big hug, he holds her there for a long time and she rests her tired body on his shoulder. I noticed all the little mannerisms he was doing for her, that he did for me. Did he think I was broken or in an unstable state all the time. I feel my mind racing, my heart pounding. Was I just some weak tired unstable person to him, these thoughts made me feel sick. I stand back from the group and take a few steps  back to catch my breath but I can't, My breathing becomes heavy my mind feels like a haze of bad weather. I start to sweat and shake, "Charlie sit down" Nick says as grabbing me and plunking me on his lap on the dirty hospital floor. "I'm fine Nick let me go" I say as everyone clouds around me asking if i was ok. I haven't felt this embarrassed in a long time. I'm an over dramatic idiot, this was suppose to be about Elle, but of course I ruined that, and now Nick needed to fix my brokenness again. A nurse comes over because because Elle had pressed the help button on the side of her bed. "Hi Sir can you come with me please" The nurse says. She leads me away to a separate room. "Sorry I just have anxiety attacks sometimes i'm ok." I say "Ok i'm glad your okay now but I would like for you to drink this juice and sit in here for awhile so I can monitor you." I nodded, this was not the first time i've been in this situation. "Would you like for anyone of your friends or family  to come and sit with you" the nurse asked. "No i'm good" All I wanted right now was for Nick to come and confront me but, I didn't want him to think I was some broken person that needed constant attention.

(Nicks perspective)
After letting go of Elle we all were fighting over Elles attention, we all had like a million questions. Of course we all knew Elle was totally comfortable answering them, she has always been a very open and confident person when with her close friends. I reached out my lonely left hand and tried to grab Charlie's hand but I could only feel air. I look to my side and Charlie wasn't there, I looked behind me and Charlie was shaking, sweating, and his face was bright red. I went over to him and as I got closer I could hear how healthy he was breathing. He's had a few anxiety attacks before so I knew what to do, I said "Charlie sit down" as I sat on the floor and placed him on my lap then a nurse had came over and took him away. A few minutes had passed and I was waiting for the nurse to come and bring me to sit with him but she hadn't come yet. Finally I see the nurse "Your friend will be back shortly i'm just monitoring him right now" as she goes to walk away I say "Wait im his boyfriend can I come and sit with him" "Sorry young man but he said he didn't want anyone with him right now." My heart shattered why didn't he want me to be with him, In situations like this he always wanted me there. I felt helpless and useless, he didn't need me.

Authors Note
Hi everyone thanks again for reading todays chapter I wanted to let you guys know I will be writing a new chapter everyday (if i can ) I will definitely try my best to write a new chapter everyday or at least every other day!! ❤️