Chapter Forty Flashback-8

I woke up this morning to Oliver jumping on me saying "Nick is here, Nick is here" I jerked up asking Oliver "WHAT" he's says "yeah and he brought Nellie!!!" Fuck I knew I was forgetting something I promised to go on a walk with him and Nellie today. I say "Oliver can you stall Nick for me" this was a mistake he goes down stairs and says to Nick "Um Charlie told me I need to stall you but I don't know what that means so can you just tell him I stalled you so I can go play dinosaurs now" Nicks laughs well saying "Sure buddy i'll make sure to tell him" I hear footsteps up the stairs I just assumed it was Oliver coming to tell me what happened but Nick opened the door, leaning on the door frame "I came up to tell you Oliver did a great job stalling me" I blurt out " Fucking snitch" I realized that I was shirtless and yesterday I got some texts from ben so my wrists were still beaming red. I scramble to my closet trying to quickly hide what I had done with a long sleeve top. "What's the rush Char I'm enjoying the view" he states. I respond "Extremely cold and I want to go for a walk with you before my mom gets back from the book club so she doesn't tie me down with more of her eating rules. He smiles "Sounds good babe" as he comes up behind me and kisses my neck. We just started calling each other babe not to long ago so I still felt butterflies every time he called me that. My sweater was on and I managed to hide my imperfections, I wasn't going to tell him about it today, because today was going to be special.

He kissed me and fluffs my hair as we go on our walk, I love spending time with him and him being away was going to be super hard. No more morning walks, no more come over after school, everything was going to change and it terrified me because Nick was the only reason I was still holding on at this point. We finished our walk about to arrive at his house, he then says "So what do you want to do now we have the whole day to ourselves" I needed to come up with an excuse because Elle and Tao were coming over to help me set up the surprise for Nick later today.

I kiss him on the lips and respond "Babe i'm so sorry but I got called into work on a last minute shift and you know how I am with saying no so I said yes" The disappointment on Nick's face was devastating because I could tell how upset he was. "Charlie we don't have much time left before I leave, I want to soak up as much Charlie as I can get but I understand and I don't want to be the reason you lose your job" I smile at how cute he was and that somebody really wanted to spend time with me of all people. He then says "I could meet you at work on your lunch break and we can have lunch together!" he explains excitedly I blurt out "NO! um I ment to say my boss hates when I do that sorry, but I really have to go get ready for work now i'll text you if I can hang out later!" His face brightens a little at the thought of us hanging out later. We say I love you and I race home knowing Tao and Elle were waiting for me. I huff and puff as I reach my front door I saw Tao and Elle sitting on the ground on my front door steps. Of course Elle was cuddled up in Taos lap they were adorable. Tao looks at me with his unimpressed expression and says

"Did you fall asleep on your way here or are you that clingy you cannot say bye to Nick without making out first" I scoff and mock his usual line "Rude" Elle laughs and says "that was a perfect impression of Tao now wheres my hug" I open my arms for Elle and she gives me a long hug. One amazing thing about being gay is nobody gets mad at you for passionately hugging girls, I loved Elle I believe she is my soulmate just not in a romantic way, Nick fills that spot. I usher them inside and they make themselves at home like they always did we've been friends for so long that this was normal and I loved it. They eat some snacks and then I grab the picnic supplies from my garage. I made and bought all Nicks favourites it was going to be perfect, I could tell Elle was trying to get Taos opinion on the whole promise ring thing because she really wanted to do it too but Tao is too oblivious to notice.

So I say trying my best to help her out "Tao do you think it's weird that i'm doing this or do you think it's cute and thoughtful?" He just continues to munch on chips and replies "I don't know" well shrugging his shoulders. God he was useless I then say trying to act dramatic "Tao your my best friend and i'm really scared and don't know if I should go through with this so please tell me your honest opinion" He looks at me and pays my back "Sorry Charlie I didn't think you were this nervous I would be extremely happy if someone put all this time and effort you put in for nick, trust me Charlie he's going to love it, I think this is an amazing Idea" I turn and wink at Elle behind me she mouths "THANK YOU!!" in return.

Authors Note
I can't believe it! 40 chapters I'm not planning on ending this story anytime soon because I have like a million and one ideas and I want to put them all in writing because of how much joy this story brings me I hope you guys aren't getting board and still like the story please let me know LOVE YOU ALL AND THX YOU TO EVERYONE WHI CONGRATULATED ME ON THE LAST CHAPTER IT MADE MY WHOLE MONTH MAYBE EVEN YEAR!!!! 💖💛💙🏳️‍🌈