Chapters Thirty Seven Flashback-5

Charlie's perspective
My mom let us go after having "snack" AKA a whole meal there was so much food, and we headed to Nicks to have an amazing sleepover. When we walked we were greeted by David's usual sink eyes and disgusted looks, I've been bullied before so this didn't bother me I guess you could say i'm used to it, but Nick wasn't Nick got really upset when david would be negative towards him and expesially when he said something that wasn't so nice to me. I've tried telling him truly it doesn't bother me but he's just super embarrassed that his own family is rude to him and his boyfriend, I understand that he's worried but you can't control others opinions on you and I don't want him to stress to much about it. We go upstairs and I say "Nick just ignore him it's ok! David is an asshole and it's best just to ignore assholes. He hugged me and we cuddled on his bed watching those fake story animated videos that were just so funny because of how fake they were, we laughed and laughed until I remembered I need to find a ring he owns to see his jewelry preference so I could give him the perfect promise ring, before he leaves me for university. He had already got me water and I wasn't going to ask him for food because i've had more than enough of that today, so I needed to think. "Nick do you think you can go downstairs and see if I left my AirPod's in my jacket pocket my sister wants to borrow them but I think I brought them to yours by accident" He smiles and says in return "Is Prince Charming to lazy to go check himself" He laughs and instead of joking back I just say seriously "Please Nick" he stops laughing and says "Yeah of course Charlie is there a certain reason you don't want to get up are you tired? or does your back hurt I know you said it hurt two days ago" I was taken back that he remembered that I didn't even make a big deal out of it I just lightly mentioned it once. I say "yeah my back is still a bit sore, i'm fine though" he kisses my forehead and leaves the room leaving me probably two minutes to search. He had two messy containers filled with jewelry but just tossed in the bin in one big pile. I tried searching through but I could hear footsteps. I started shoving the stuff back into his drawer I shut the drawer right as the door opened and it wasn't Nick.

David opens the door and says "Hey Chary what's fucking my brother like" I roll my eyes and say "wouldn't you like to know" I could tell by the puzzled expression on his face that he didn't get what I ment. He then says "I saw you looking through Nicks stuff, what's wrong can't find the lube" I respond "Now why do care so much about us having sex are you jealous or something" He's at a loss for words for a second then says "Eww no i'm not gay, i'm just trying to make sure your not stealing from my brother" I say "I was not stealing I would never, plus i'm with nick all the time so he would see if I took something of his" David just stands there smirking "well what were you doing" I respond "I was just curious to what type of jewelry my boyfriend likes because it's our anniversary soon" it wasn't actually our anniversary soon but how would he know that. He walks closer to me and says "Oh really is that so? Well I know when Nick and your anniversary is because Nick won't shut the fuck up about it, tell me what are you hiding" I thought it was so cute how Nick is already talking about our anniversary but I knew I had to get david off my back or Ill look like i'm doing something suspicious. " I wanted to surprise him with something special before he goes to university ok, could you please not mention it to Nick" He smiles and just left the room as Nick walked in. Nick shuts the door and rushes over to me "Sorry I took so long I tried to find our heating pad for your back, WHAT DID HE SAY TO YOU" I knew if I told him everything that happened I would look suspicious plus he would be super mad at david for all the weird sex questions and if he got mad at david he would know I snitched on him and won't keep my secret. I responded "He was nice it's ok he was just asking about Tori I think they talked to each other at the last barbecue your mom hosted" He kissed me and said "Oh thank god I would feel so bad if I left you and David said something rude" We started making out and then david barges in again "Wow guys maybe don't do that around me" Nick yells "Then get the fuck out of my room" he laughs and says "I won't be staying long I just wanted to show Charlie something in my room" Nick looked confused and angry "Charlie is not going with you to your room unless I can come I don't trust you" He looks at me and says "Charlie you want to come with me right" I start to sweat "Um yeah" I say. Nick looks at me and says "Charlie you don't have to go with him if you don't want too" I knew I needed to if I wanted him to keep my secret I get up from the bed and walk towards the door "No it's fine i'll be right back"

Authors Note
Poor Charlie 🥹 Love you all and thanks for reading 🥰😍💃🙌❤️🌺