Chapter Thirty Six Flashback-4

Charlie's perspective
I was really curious what Nick's idea was he didn't say anything he just ran down stairs and said "Stay up here i'll be right back" I could here his foot steps down stairs meeting up with his moms, they where talking I couldn't make out what they were saying though. I excitedly sit on the bed when I here Nicks foot steps come up the stairs he opens the door and says with a very big smile "You can stay tonight" I was seriously shocked my mom barely ever lets us have sleepovers, what did he say to convince her "OMG really" I say before throwing myself into Nicks arms then say "How did you convince her i'm confused" he looks down at me and responds "Well I talked to my mom and she agreed that you should feel safe and comfortable and obviously you weren't feeling like that at your house, so my mom texted your mom saying that I had a really hard day and was crying plus still super upset so can Charlie stay the night with Nick because i'm very worried about him then she said yes.

I was trying to soak up all the comfort I could from our hug and forget to respond to what he said. "Char are you mad we lied to your mom" I snapped out of my trance "No not at all i'm so happy I can spend the night with you and not be around my mother I could care less if you lied to her as long as I can stay here with you" He rubs my back well i'm still clinging onto him for dear life like if I let go he's going to disappear. He starts playing with my totally messy hair that probably looked like a rats nest and says "Charlie we do unfortunately have to go back to your house grab your stuff, I would just let you use my stuff so you wouldn't have to go back tonight but that was your moms one condition" I didn't want to go back but I had to if I wanted to stay at Nicks I then thought of a solution "Nick can you maybe come with me, My mom wouldn't be mean to me if your there" He smiles and say "Of course happy to be of your service" he jokes, I love it when he jokes around it really lightens the mood.

We set out for my house to go get my stuff and talk with my mom before we leave the house Nicks mom say "Nicky be on your best behaviour at charlie's please" I could see Nick turn red instantly, once we closed the door I said jokingly "Are you ready Nicky" he responds "Stop that's so embarrassing" I tease "what's so embarrassing Nicky" he shoves me lightly and I pretend that he hurt me just to mess with him a bit "Ouch" I say before rubbing my arm where he shoved me. Maybe this wasn't my best plan because Nick went crazy "OMG are you ok, Omg omg what have I done" before I could tell him I was just kidding he starts kissing my arm like crazy. "Nick it was a joke i'm not that fragile but i'm sorry I didn't think you would react like that. His face starts to relax again and looks at me before saying "Thank god I was so worried I hurt you that's the last thing I ever want to do" I smile at his confession and say "Your so cute"  then I look up and can see my house. I then pull a key out of my pocket and open the door.

Nick squeezes my hand as we enter to reassure me that everything was going to be fine, we run up to my room frantically and I start quickly packing my bag with everything I need except jumpers I needed a good excuse to "borrow" more of Nicks, I can't help myself they just smell so good. After packing my stuff and Nick looking through all my stuff like my room was an art gallery like he always does we head down the stairs to tell my mom i'm leaving. She was standing at the bottom of the stairs already waiting for us to come down "Hi Nick" she says smiling then she says "Charlie I hope you didn't forget the rule" Nick looks confused I then said "Mom Nicks here can we just drop it for one night, I promise i'll have something to eat at Nicks" she has a fake smile painted across here face I know she was only smiling because Nick was here. "No Charles I don't trust you, Please you two come to the kitchen" Nick try's to hold me back to tell me something but it was no use my mom wouldn't let me go unless I ate her snack that she gives me, so I just gave him a reassuring look and pulled him to the kitchen. We sit down and I see a massive piece of pie set out for me, then my mom hands Nick a plate and says "you can have some if your hungry Nick"  Of course she treats him like his own person not a puppet that she controls.

He grabs a piece smaller than half of mine I think he did this to prove to my mom that "normal" people don't even eat that much for snack. Nick is just staring at me the whole time to make sure I was ok, my stomach started to turn and I felt my hand shaking I didn't want to worry nick but it was inevitable to hide my super shaky hand. He puts his hand over mine to stabilize it and brings the fork to his mouth instead of mine, helping me finish the big piece. I couldn't put it into words how much I appreciated every bite he took. We finish as a team and I feel a lot better only eating half of the piece not the whole piece.

Authors Note
I feel so bad for my poor baby Charlie but luckily Nicks always there to help him through his struggles. What was your guys favourite part of the chapter? ❤️🤩🥳 THANKS FOR READING!!!