Chapter Ninty Seven Trapped in The Dark

Charlie's perspective
As the boys walked out of the restaurant to feel the warm yet crisp weather they interlocked fingers and started to stroll towards there apartment that was a near 10 minute walk, there friends had left and got into there boring everyday vehicle and drove off, both couples waved there goodbyes leaving Charlie wondering what was going on with his fiancé who was cold and distant, that wasn't like him at all he was a big teddy bear normally who loved to laugh and bud into conversations bringing up old story's to tell everyone just to make them laugh, he loved making people happy or warm in his presents but he wasn't like that today he just wasn't and don't think Charlie didn't notice right away. I held Nicks hand as we walked through the park and down the peer, I wanted to ask but didn't know the right time was now the right time, a better time than any I guess. "Nick I know I asked you earlier but are you ok did something happen" he hesitated twice before saying "No i'm fine" he smiled and kissed me tenderly on the lips.

Nicks perspective
I told Charlie nothing happened, it was like reflex to lie and keep the truth from him tell him everything was sun shine and rainbows and that i'm totally fine and happy when i'm not right now i'm sad and I feel like I'm disgusting, at any moment I could burst into tears, my chest feels heavy like a million pounds, I feel heavy, I know I want to tell Charlie so why didn't I? because this was easier, of course that's what I tell myself, hiding it deep down inside me is easier but it isn't though it's not easier, why did I want to make everything so difficult for myself. I hate it when Charlie lies and hides things that bother him from me, it makes everything harder and we get into arguments or are on the completely wrong page, we're so out of sink... kinda like right now and that's not what I want. "Actually there is something bothering me a little" I said in quiet voice knowing Charlie would never judge me especially in this situation but the fear was still there lingering like a shadow fallows behind you on a sunny day. "Nick don't be nervous to tell me i'll help you through anything" Charlie said looking at me with such heart and anticipation. "Tao kinda said that he was gaining weight and said I was too, and I don't know I felt bad about myself after, and sorta felt like you were going to leave me because I don't look how I did a few years ago"

Charlie's perspective
I stumbled backwards a little I wasn't just mentally taken back but physically too. My mind started playing tricks on me making up fake situations, Nick was never going to eat again, and stave to death, and I would be left alone, my whole life would be miserable, I don't even remember life without Nick we were so young when we got together that us being together is like breathing, we need each other, was he cutting himself did he want to die, did I make him feel this way. This is my fault no it's Tao's maybe it's both of ours. My mind was like a circus of emotions, memories, blame and regret, everything was functioning all I once until it wasn't everything went quiet... dark.

Nicks perspective
"Charlie breath" Charlie was having a panic attack shit I should've told him this at home not in the middle of a city park. What destroyed me the most was the look on his face when I told him he looked so scared and that's the moment I knew that I couldn't do this to him I couldn't do this to myself, I needed to love and accept the fact that i'm healthy and it shouldn't matter what I look like, Charlie would never leave me for something as stupid as body image. I stood in front of Charlie trying to convince him to slow his breathing "Char calm down its ok" I didn't realize the extent this would trigger him, I do understand how hard it is for your loved one to go through this, i've been going through it for years and will continue to be there for him, help him even if it hurts me because that's what you do for family you sacrifice. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and his eyes were twitching now, I tapped his face but then he went limp I luckily caught him in time but it was definitely close, he almost hit the ground, I picked him up bridal style and went off the park path and into the trees where nobody would bother us. If he didn't need to go to the hospital than I will make sure he doesn't end up there, I sat down against a large tree, holding Charlie in my arms, he's passed out in the past well having panic attacks or from not eating although it's extremely scary and my heart was racing and my hands were shaking, I needed to stay calm and try and wake him up, I could see his heart beating but I checked his pulse just because I needed the extra reassurance. His pulse was fine he just needed to wake up "Charlie" I said over and over we'll lightly tapping his face.

Charlie's mind
The boys mind was dark and dim he could hear his fiancé faintly calling his name he tried to get to him but couldn't his body was limp and he was trapped inside his mind stood there looking around but all he could see was darkness, then echoed voices that were his own filled the quite void of nothingness "He's going to turn out LIKE YOU" the voice repeated more and more until you could barley make out what the voice was saying because the voices were overlapping plus getting louder and louder, the boy had sat on the ground and covered his ears trying to shut out the ear bleeding voices, but then the faint noises coming from his boyfriend  got louder and clearer "Charlie come on" "Char your scaring me" The boy got up and followed the voice until...

Nicks perspective
"Omg Charlie your ok" His eyes fluttered open and he gazed up at me he didn't even bother looking to see where he was or what happened he just starred at me. "I promise I'll never think that again I promise I won't put you through that again" I said with desperation in my voice so desperate for him to believe me I pulled him into me gripping him like I would never let go, I kissed his head over and over and until he looked up at me and offered his lips.

Nick leaned down and kissed Charlie on the lips so gently. If you could show the meaning of true love in a kiss this would be it, The two boys were sat underneath a dark pine tree hidden away from reality, the smaller weak boy was laid in his fiancée's arms feeling so loved and exhausted, well the other boy cared and nurtured him, and would soon carry the weak boy back to there home.

Authors Note
I have done a bit more third person in this chapter than I normally do, do you guys like it or should I stop doing it or do it a little less or more???? I NEED YOUR OPINION IF YOU DONT LIKE IT I WONT BE OFFENDED I can go back to how I normally write them!!!!! Ily have a great night/day stay safe and know If you feel alone i'm always here and love you dearly 😍😍😭🫶 Voting and commenting really support this story and me as the author thanks bye ✌️💗