Chapter Thrirty One Lost belongings

Charlies Perspective
I was fighting to stay awake welts Nick carried me back to the blanket, we had walked a pretty far way down the beach, it was probably around a ten-minute walk back to the blanket. After he had been carrying me for five minutes, I felt that I was fine to walk plus I felt bad that he already had carried me for five minutes. I say "Nick, you can put me down now I'm fine to walk the rest of the way, you're probably getting tired" he didn't say anything he just laughed. I was confused why he thought what I said was funny. He replies "Charlie I'm not tired at all! Plus, I love it when you cuddle up to me all close" I don't understand why he's not tired, I've been eating properly for the most part. Why could I never get better, what is wrong with me that makes me uncurable. Him saying that I was super light or Hes not tired when he carries me, makes my progress feel invalid but worst makes some tiny part of me want to be lighter smaller and just completely go back to square one again, I know it's stupid and I shouldn't think this way but that's how my brain works. I hate this feeling, but I can never escape it fully. I want Nick to see that I'm trying to get better and that I'm making improvements, I just want him to be proud of me. My hands are clenched onto his shoulders, my body sitting on his waist, his hands are wrapped around my thighs holding me up, and my head was bobbing up and down every step he took. We had finally arrived at our beach blanket and the sun was beating hotter than ever which just made me more tired. Nick carefully placed me down on the blanket but as he was doing that, he did this thing that I hated, he put his hands around my stomach like Hes sizing me and trying to check how skinny I am. I hated this because he would try and play it off like Hes just trying to guide me down but really, I knew what he was doing. Nick says after placing me down on the blanket "So are you going to tell me what's wrong babe" I didn't want to talk about it right now because of how angry I was about the whole eating sizing thing, and I don't want to get upset and lash out at him again. "Can we talk after I rest, I'm just so exhausted" "Of course char we can talk when you're ready, I love you" I quietly respond "love you too"

Nicks perspective
Charlie fell asleep after laying down for what felt like two seconds, I could tell he was still tense and there was something bothering him, he just seems so out of it and that only happens when Hes got something important or bothersome on his mind. I can't always get through to him right away, it usually takes a while for me to pry it out of him, but I eventually get through. I went to grab a snack from the beach bag and when I reached my hand out in front of me, I realized my promise ring that Charlie had given me so many years ago was gone. My heart sank to the bottom of my chest, tears immediately came flushing from my eyes, I had worn this ring every day since Charlie had given it to me. It was my favorite gift ever; it symbolized our commitment to each other and our special bond. Charlie said he spent weeks looking for the perfect one, and I just lost it. Tears came streaming down my face rapidly and I couldn't stop crying even if I tried. I felt so useless... I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and pound my fists onto the sand, but I won't because I don't want to wake Charlie. I'm not scared of Charlie at all he would never do anything to hurt me, but I fear his reaction because if Hes sad or angry about it, it will break my heart. I start franticly looking around the sand moving my hand in and out of deep piles. Fifteen minutes go by and nothing I can't find it, it's nowhere near our blanket because I've searched all around it. The thought of me losing it in the ocean makes my tears fall faster and my throat feel smaller, I couldn't bear the thought of it being gone forever. I was starting to panic so I stopped looking and just sat there on the beach with my hands in my face, I was crying so much that my hands started to fill up with tears, I didn't move my hands away from my face I just let the tears slip between the cracks of my fingers.

Charlies' perspective
I finally decided to wake up from my nap, for the last like twenty minutes I have been on and off from sleeping because I could hear faint noises, they almost sounded like somebody was crying. I rubbed my eyes and sat up and to my surprise Nick wasn't beside me then I looked around and spotted him like seven meters away from our beach blanket with his hands covering his face. He probably was so angry with me for wasting yet another one of our days. I started walking towards him but when I got closer, I realized he was crying like hysterically crying. I hadn't seen Nick cry like this before, I started running as fast as I could towards him. I slid down on my knees and wrapped my arms around him not saying anything, just letting him cry. He didn't move or stop crying; I have no idea what has made him this upset but I know it's not about naps, it must be something much worse.

Authors note
I was thinking later, Maybe I could do a flash back chapter of the day Charlie gave Nick the promise ring would you guys like that? please let me know what you think because i'm not sure? ITS MY PRIDE DAY TODAY 💖💛💙🏳️‍🌈 AND ALL MY OTHER FELLOW PANSEXUALS!!! HAPPY PRIDE TO EVERYONE 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈