Chapter 121 Party Flashback 1

(Flashback... Charlie is 14 and Nick is 16 this is before harry's party and before Charlie's birthday they haven't kissed or confessed their feelings for one another there just fruity friends )

Charlie's perspective
"Why are you so smiley" Tao poked I nudged him back "No reason" I say sounding unconvincing, he scoffed as he realized why I was so happy "It's Nick Nelson isn't it" I duly replied "Maybe" he shook his head in disapproval "Charlie what has he done to make you so happy and are you sure he's being satire" I laughed knowing I was about to sound very stupid and very desperate but I didn't care it was freaking Nick Nelson "No reason in particular just that after the last weekend when we hung out at his house and then went to mine the next weekend we became really close and now we're like really good friends" I paused before I continued feeling my face go bright red "Maybe even a best friend we text all the time and he only hangs out with me when we're at rugby practice, he ditches his mates for me!" Tao shakes his head "Firstly i'm your best friend and secondly he's joking around with you toying with your feelings" I saw my form room in the close distance so before departing with Tao I said "I know your my best best friend but he's like a best friend, trust me he could never replace you no one can if i'm being honest" He smiled and waved as we departed me doing the same.

Nicks perspective
I saw him
His curly black hair that framed his sharp jaw line his naturally dusted pink cheeks topped off with his baby blue eyes that danced when they looked at you. What was happening to me my stomach was doing flips and I couldn't take my eyes off Charlie lately, it's not like I have a crush on him I don't feel this way about Imogen and she's a girl that I have feelings for I guess well thats what everyone says... That I have a crush on her. Charlie is different from her he's so kind and sweet I could stare at him all day, I want to be with him every second and hate when i'm not at school because i'm not around him. He's my first real best friend he's not like Harry and ben and all those other slags he actually cares about me and I care about him.

I have been invited to this party it's at my friends house I have been friends with her for a few years her name is Daisy and she has a lot of really nice friends one of her friends even knows Tara who's invited, who also invited Elle and Darcy of course then Elle invited Tao he obviously declined but Elle is forcing him to go and now it's just up to me to invite the person I want to be there the most Charlie, we have been spending every weekend together for a while now and I can't imagine a weekend without him I'll be devastated if he can't go.

He sat down "Hi" I say looking into his eyes "Hi" he says back, it's like clockwork every morning we great each other just like this i'm already here waiting for him and he comes in a little after me and we say hi. I grabbed his arm that was on the table and that got his attention he looked at me immediately after "I have a question to ask you" he half smiled "And that would be" he said peering down at my hand that was still gripped onto his arm, I didn't even relise I was still holding onto his arm I blushed and removed my hand quickly before continuing "Would you like to go to a party with me" I could see the sudden panic fill his body "I don't really do party's" I leaned closer to him "Please Harry and them aren't going to be there it's at my friend Daisy's house she goes to a different school than us" He looked a little more convinced "I don't know" I smiled knowing I was making progress with him "Well one of Daisy's friends knows Tara and she invited Darcy and Elle plus Elle is dragging Tao along too" He looked quite taken back by what I said, "Wow I can't believe Tao didn't tell me he was going to his first ever party" I felt sad for CharlieI knowing how much he values there friendship "He was probably going to tell you at lunch" I said sympathetically, he smiled and nodded "I'll go with you! not them they didn't even tell me" he says. My cheeks go red just thinking about spending the night with Charlie "Thanks for coming with me I don't really hangout with Daisy anymore so it will be nice to hang out with you, your kinda like my best friend" right as the words left my mouth I wanted to take them back he was probably scared off now we've haven't even been friends that long my thoughts were stopped by Charlie's arms wrapping around me and his small frame leaning against me "Your my best friend too" he said shyly and I felt like I never wanted to let go of this hug. I know me and Charlie don't have a typical friendship it feels almost evolved and that's what I like most about him, I feel different when i'm around him and that feeling is one I never want to live without.

The bell rang and me and Charlie had to part ways as he had band and I had maths. I of course walked him to his class and before he could walk into the music room I grabbed his hand pulling him back "Your coming to rugby practice today after school right I missed you yesterday when you decided to ditch us" He laughed and his smile omg it's contagious when I see it I can't help but smile "I'll be there" he said, I let go of his hand and headed to maths excited for rugby practice.

Authors Note
Ik it's supposed to be a flashback to the party and we'll get there but you know me I need to go into every single little detail before, IVE GOT TO SET THE SCENE!!!! Love you all have a wonderful night, thanks for reading and if you want to support me you can do so by voting and commenting 🫶🏻❤️😭