Chapter Seventy Two Bad Parents

Nicks perspective
it was getting late now and we have settled down after our crazy day, Charlie is getting ready for bed but is still hiding his hand from me I know that it's hurt because why else would he hide it in his pocket from me and try to brush off the subject. I will leave it until tomorrow, give him some space and time to think about it and check up on it tomorrow. He was getting ready for bed now and I told him I was going to stay up and watch a National geographic documentary which was untrue I only told him that because he thinks there boring and it will buy me some time to prepare for his birthday tomorrow, I was pretty bummed when I heard we weren't going to be spending his birthday just us I know that may sound selfish but I guess I am selfish when it comes to Charlie, I wish that I could just plan a whole special day for us, all his favourite things so he could feel special but instead we're stuck going to his parents house... great Charlie is stressed and upset about going and i'm definitely not thrilled ether his mom infuriates me the way she talks and treats Charlie as if he's some trash son that she only wants around to not feel like a shit mother, she never really cared about Charlie, it was always about her and how having a mentally ill son tainted her image. I hated the way Charlie acted around his mom like he's scared of her, she has a short temper and would often snap into rage taking it out on Tori and Charlie because they were the oldest, causing them to always be on edge around her. Charlie seeks his mothers approval so much and every time he sees her he is devastated after because his mom will spew out some untrue garbage just to make Charlie feels like shit and I hate it, I hate that he feels so shit about himself after. I mean my family isn't that greatest ether my brother's a homophobic dick and my dad abandoned me when I was five, at least my mom is an angel, god I miss her.

"Nick i'm going to bed, hurry up and come the bed is empty and cold without you" When I hear Charlie's voice my face smiles instantly he was my first and only love which I feel makes our relationship so rare and special. "Yup I'll come quick I only have like thirty minutes left" I responded back, I could hear him tussle into bed now I needed to be quick if I wanted to get everything done for tomorrow. I have always loved baking but I don't do it often because Charlie won't eat it he barley eats his three meals a day there is no way he would touch a muffin or cookies if I made them so I don't, but for his birthday I needed to make some special blueberry breakfast croissants and a cake. Charlie hates classic birthday cakes so I thought I could make him some madeleine cookie cakes I used to eat them when I would visit my dad in paris he would always get me them and say happy late birthday because he never came for my actual birthday. Some birthdays he would even forget to call, as a little boy I would wait all day by the phone excited to hear from him and when he didn't call I would be distraught, I wouldn't talk for days to anyone not even mom I would cry and rock myself back and forth on the floor, like I did when I was trying to drown out the noise of my parents yelling and screaming before their divorce. I quickly started mixing up all the ingredients trying to not be noisy, I was a fast baker so I was almost done in no time at all, I put all the goods into the oven not setting a timer just checking the time before I put them in. I opened our hallway closet and grabbed his real gift and the pictures I took with the girls, placing them on the kitchen counter so he could open them tomorrow I wrote a card as well and placed in there too. The croissants and  madeleine cookie cakes were done so I took them out of the oven and placed them on a platter, Im not sure how Charlie will react to the baked stuff, I almost feel regret, what if he just feels bad that I made them for him so he eats it out of guilt even though he doesn't want to, then it triggers him and ruins his whole birthday. I'll make sure to tell him tomorrow that he doesn't have to eat it, if he doesn't want to, I love him so much and just want his birthday to be perfect I'm praying his mom doesn't pull any shit tomorrow but it's most likely that she will.

I crawled into bed cuddling up to Charlie but giving him space so I wouldn't wake him up, his hair was everywhere but in the most cutest fricken way ever, his skin was warm and smooth, his cheeks so squeezable. I started to doze off then I felt Charlie slowly crawl literally right on top of me using my chest as his pillow and my body as his mattress he was clinged onto me as A toddler does to there parents, I had to hold myself back from kissing him, I guess I could wait tell the morning.

Charlie's perspective
Does Nick think i'm an idiot he just happened to want to watch a documentary this late at night plus he hasn't watched one of those in like five months after I told him I wasn't going to watch it with him anymore because it was so boring it put me to sleep after I already had a nap that day. I knew Nick was doing something for my birthday I don't know what yet because I didn't peek! How could I, when he put so much effort into surprising me. I squinted my eyes open a little and noticed him staring at me. For some weird reason I don't understand he loves me, like truly loves me and I love him truly love him with all my heart. I crawled onto him laying my head on his beating chest my body laying on his, embracing him, he's already made my birthday special and it isn't even my birthday yet, my fiancé Nick Nelson makes everything special.

Authors Note
Here's a cute Chapter for y'all I thought you probably will need it 😉 Anyway THANKS SM FOR ALL THE FRICKEN SUPPORT AHAHAH I LOVE YOU GUYS SM!!!!  🥰🥰