Chapter Sixty Three Past is in the Past?

Nicks perspective
We needed to leave the house in like 10 minutes for my appointment I popped in the address and it's about 30 minutes from our apartment, Charlie is really concerned about us being late he hates being late. I didn't mind being late for this appointment I really didn't want to go, I don't want to hear bad news, I don't want them to tell me that I need to take a break from Charlie because I can't do that, I won't do that. Charlie is scrubbing the dishes quickly trying to hurry up so we won't be late he can't leave the house without doing them, his OCD isn't really a big inconvenience for me but it is to him and that's why I hate it so much, only because it brings him so much frustration. "Done" he says as he places the last plate on the shelf. In my mind I was thinking wow great now we won't be late "Nick come on we're going to be late" he shouted from our front door well putting on his favourite pair of converse mud stains and all. "Coming"

Charlie's perspective
Nick slowly walked over obviously walking extra slow, he was like a kid getting drag to their siblings sporting events. I grabbed his hand and dragged him forward "Nick I understand this is hard but being late will only make if more hard and complicated" He sighs knowing i'm right and we walk hand in hand to our jeep. This time I was going to get the door for Nick i'm not sure i've ever gotten him the door that was more his thing, every time we go in the car together he gets the door for me no doubt about it. A puzzled look plastered across his face as I walked to the drivers side I never drive ether, I open the door and stand off to the side holding it open for him. He walks over to the seat and before sitting down he plants a kiss on my lips and says "Thanks love" I walk back to my seat and before I know it he leans over inside the car and opens the door for me "I couldn't help myself it just feels weird not opening the door for you it's like our tradition" I smile as my face is pink "Your so cheesy you know" he looks at me and replies "You love it"
"Yes yes I do" I say before laying my head on his shoulder in defeat.

We're getting closer to our destination and the road and buildings surrounding look so familiar like i've drive down this road a million times. This was strange because my parents never lived in this part of town and our apartment was nowhere near here. My brain felt a weird haze as if I remembered the place but couldn't pin point it. "Does this road look familiar" I ask Nick well tickling his arm gently "No I don't think i've ever been in this part of town why love" I mumbled "I don't know" As we kept driving I only got more and more annoyed at all these sudden reminders of this road but I still couldn't figure it out, I just laid my face into his neck and ignored the road.

Nicks perspective
As we reached our destination Charlie words made sense. Oh Fuck this was the hospital Charlie had all his diagnosis at, all his check ups, all his overnight stays. This was the hospital where he experienced some of the hardest times in his life. Shit I mumbled, Charlie hadn't noticed where we were because his head was still in my neck. He tried pulling his head up but I put my hand on it and gently directed his head back down, I stroked his hair and thought about what I should say or do, should I turn around and leave maybe that would be best. "Nick we need to go why are we just sitting here" I softly said "We're at your old hospital" he pulled his head up and looked around taking in all of it.

Charlie's perspective
I was taken back at the sight of this horror house. This was the place we're I had to sit and think for days about how i've hurt others with my relapses, I had to endure my moms constant nagging and I was trapped I couldn't escape the hospital bed. Her words would make me ball my eyes out uncontrollably then she would scoff or laugh at me telling me how dramatic I was, I hated her for it and I still might. I can still hear her telling me "You need to think about your family's feelings too not just your own, stop being a selfish brat you have everyone worried over your attention seeking behaviour" god! thinking about it made me upset. She always seemed to attack me when I was at my most vulnerable state. I snap out of my thoughts and say "Yeah this is proper shit" He takes the car out of park and says "Ok we're going home" I put my hand on his and responded "No you need to go it's important but I might just stay in the car or drive down the street to a different parking lot, I don't think I can go in there" He smiles "Thank you for telling me the truth and not feeling like your being an inconvenience to me, ok i'll go and text you when I'm done?" "if you can text me five minutes before your done just so you don't have to wait and if your up for it after you can tell me all about it or not that's ok too, I love you" He kisses me in the forehead says "I love you too babe" before leaving the car.

Nicks perspective
Right as I left the car I wished that I could just ran back in and use Charlie as a shield, I wished with every ounce of my body that I could just run into his arms and he could hold me tight but this would help me and I needed to just get it over with. I needed to face this head on for me and Charlie's sake.

Authors Note
The hospital i'm talking about is not the one that he stayed at for a few months that was a two hour drive away ( mental hospital) , Im just talking about the hospital he went too if he needed stitches after relapsing, getting diagnosed etc. This might have been obvious but I just wanted to make sure that was clear LOVE YOU ❤️❤️❤️