Chapter 131 The Talk

Charlie's perspective
As much as I didn't want to ask and to pretend everything was just fine, me and Nick were responsible for Oliver now and we needed to do what was best for him. I couldn't be selfish, not in a time like this. "Oliver why are you wearing all those layers it's quite hot out today" I knew that face, I know exactly when and how to use that face. He was making the just because face and it wasn't going to fool me. I've used that trick one too many times not to see straight through it, he then spoke ever so quietly "No reason" I could see the hurt in his eyes I could see how hard this was for him. I was about to say something when Nick spoke "We're here for you Ollie come on you can trust us" Oliver looked like he was going to give into our requests and just tell us the truth, but bailed and said "There's no reason" instead. I didn't want to ever treat anyone like my mom treated me but this wasn't working I needed to be a bit more harsh, "Oliver I know exactly how hard this is but we know there's something wrong and your lies aren't fooling us so let's just talk it out" He sighed and said "I don't want to" Nick and I sat beside him on ether sides, Nick placed his hand on his shoulder, and he winced in pain again, Nick immediately withdrew his hand and we both looked at Oliver. "This is what we're talking about why are you wincing in pain at the slightest touch" "Stop" he said quietly he then repeated himself louder "Stop" he put his hands on his head and repeated it again but increasing the volume again "Stop" "Stop what Ollie" I said my breath irregular as my nerves were taking over. He started sobbing and well sobbing he managed to say "P. please s. s. stop" I quickly pulled him closer hugging him tightly in my arms "This will all stop if you tell us love" I said as gently as possible crossing my fingers he would tell us what's been going on. I let him cry as I hugged him tight and eventually he started to calm down. He stopped crying and it was just muffled sniffling now "Are you ready to talk now" I asked not holding him as tight now. "Mmhm" he mumbled in agreement, he sat up between us and wiped his soaked face with his sleeves "The kids at school don't like me actually they hate me" his words broke my heart, how can anyone hate such a joy he's smart kind funny he's everything. "Can I ask you something Ollie" "yes" he said nervously "Do you love me and think i'm good enough" I think this question took him by surprise he looked quite shocked at what I just asked him, to be fair it was a very unexpected question. "I love you and Nick more than anyone and your the nicest smartest sweetest person I know Charlie why wouldn't you be enough your like the best person I know, you mean so much to me" I smiled knowing my plan had worked "See that's not how I would describe myself because I've been bullied and listened to what they said to me and when you listen to them you start believing them and then you feel like your not enough or you deserve all the bad things happening to you but you are enough, your more than enough Oliver and you don't deserve any of this, you may not see it but we do" I looked to Nick and our eyes meet both of us portraying a smile. "We really do buddy, your incredible" Nick said. I followed that with "If you tell us what's happening at school then we can prevent the bad stuff from happening to you because I can guarantee none of what's happening at school you deserve" He looked down not willing to look us in the eyes, we both sat there patiently waiting for him to be ready to talk. He finally spoke up "My old teammates dont like me because my mom made me quit but I quit right before this massive game we had, we had been preparing for it for weeks so all the rugby lads are out for revenge" Nick quickly said "Define revenge" I could see he was getting angry not at Ollie but the boys who were implementing this "Revenge" Oliver stood up and without saying a word he took off his sweater, his forearms were covered in large purple bruises, I looked at Nick not knowing what to do or say "Oliver you need to tell me right now who did this, I need names, I know you may not understand the significance of this at your age but this is very serious" Nick said. With tears rolling down my face I looked at Oliver and his tainted body "Can you take your shirt off" he slowly took his shirt off and it wasn't just his arms his whole torso was covered in hand sized bruises I wiped my eyes and squinted fighting back the tears but I couldn't, I ran my hand over his bruised body "Sweetie you could've told me sooner" "I'm sorry I should've but I thought it would have stopped by now but it just kept getting worse and I didn't know what to do" I wiped the single tears that streamed down his cheek with my thumb "Don't apologize you have done nothing wrong they are the ones who are at fault no you" Nick looked at me and I don't think i've ever seen him this angry, he was practically steaming I know how much he loves Oliver he treats him as his own brother, I know how hard this probably is for him, I hope he's ok. "Oliver is it everyone on the rugby team doing this" Nick asked Oliver nodded, then Nick stood up and said before leaving "You two stay here i'll be back later i'm going to have a talk with some kids, school is still in session I have time"

After Nick left Oliver looked at me with so much fear in his eyes "Are you going to make me go back" I could hear his voice cracking and him trying his best to stabilize it. "No no of course not sweetie we'll figure something out you'll never go back there again I promise" I held him tight and pressed our foreheads together "Ollie never forget how much I love you ok" "ok"

Authors Note
WHO CUT THE FREAKING ONIONS love you all and i'm posting two chapters tonight the other one will be a halloween special. HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY LOVES hope your night has gone AMAZING love you ❤️