Chapter 116 I Dont Know Why

(a few days later)
Nicks perspective
"Char I know it's hard but can you please try for me" We needed to leave soon It was Darcy's birthday celebration we decided that our friend group would never meet at the beach again so we decided to do a picnic in a local park near Tara and Darcy's house which is also very close to our house. I insisted that Charlie eats something before we go because I don't want anything bad happening to Charlie and I don't want to have something unfortunate happen on Darcy's birthday she's my best friend I don't want her day to be any less than perfect and I know how much she's already worried about it, we haven't been together all as a group since the last time at the beach when Darcy and Charlie ended up in the hospital. Darcy is such an amazing friend she has been texting me nonstop about Charlie making sure he's comfortable with everything I ask him over and over and get the same response from him, Im fine Nick stop worrying. I don't think he understands I can't not worry, he's my baby the most precious person in my life worrying about him is like second nature to me, I can't help it I love him so much and don't want anything to happen to him, that's why I worry about him not because he's any less strong he's the strongest person I know by far. Charlie looks up from his plate after he's been playing around with it. "Can we just go" he whines, he's an adult and can make his own decisions but I can't let him not eat anything I know he won't eat anything with our friends so I need to push him a bit more than I want to I don't like to boss him around but I want him to be healthy. "Come on Char please just have at least half of it, I'll share it with you and we can eat on the couch together, like you like" He looked at me with his soft blue eyes and softly whispered "Ok" For whatever reason he didn't feel like eating today i'm not sure why or if there even is a why. He sat down on the couch and I sat down beside him taking the first bite before offering him some, he took the fork bringing it up to his mouth but put it back in the bowl "I can't do it Nick" he said his words wobbly. "I'm right here, right beside you holding your hand every step of the way" I held up his hand and kissed it, his eyes were still watering and I could tell he was about to break down. "Come here love" I said holding open my arms for him to snuggle into, he crawled onto my lap sitting on it facing me with his legs wrapped around my torso and his head against my chest. "You can do it I know you can Char just try, do you know why your upset today did anything happen" "I.. I don't know why" he stumbles out sounding frustrated with himself. "That's ok babe there doesn't have to be a reason" he laid on my chest for a few minutes before speaking up "Thanks babe I don't know why I feel so overwhelmed by everything right now" he said his voice riddled with pain and frustration. I look down at his perfect face peering up at me with a soft expression awaiting a response "You know i'm always here as your personal pillow, ready to finish up" He nods and starts eating the lunch I made for him. "Proud of you" I say as I kiss him on the cheek as he's chewing the last mouth full.

Charlie's perspective
We were walking down the street towards the park Tara told us to meet everyone at, of course Nick couldn't come to the picnic empty handed even though Darcy told everyone like five times not to bring anything but my fiancé just can't help himself to show off his amazing skills in the kitchen he really was brilliant with baking and cooking I feel kinda bad thinking of it, he's such a fantastic chef and he tries so hard to make diverse different home cooked meals everyday and I hardly appreciate them, It's not that I don't like his cooking I do it taste fantastic it's just hard for me to eat it and there's nothing he can do to change that. As were walking hand in hand I turned to face him "Nick" I say grabbing his attention he looks over to me lovingly "Yes love" I look down not wanting to look him in the eyes "I'm sorry" He squeezes my hand "Why is that" I look at him and smiled weakly trying to hide my guilt with a rubbish smile "I don't think I appreciate you enough I feel as if i'm ungrateful towards you and I don't want to do that... I mean i'm not trying to do that... I don't want to seem as if I don't" I trail off and he brushed my messy curls away from my face "Charlie talk to me it's me" I take a breath and realize he's right it's him "I want to thank you for always making such amazing meals all the time I don't want you to think I don't like them I do it's just hard and i'm sorry for being such a hassle we're late now and I feel like it's my fault we'll actually I know it's my fault and I just feel bad" He softens his expression and touch as he runs his thumb over my cheek a few times "I don't care if we're late as long as your not hungry that's what's most important, and I know you like my cooking and I understand it's hard don't EVER think i'm very mad at you for that" he puts his arm around my shoulder pulling me close to his side I wrap my arm around his waist as we approach the park and see our friends waving at us. I guess its party time.

Authors Note
I'm so happy you guys liked last chapter thank you SO FREAKING MUCH FOR ALL THE AMAZING COMMENTS AND VOTES IT MADE ME SO HAPPY XXX I LOVE YOU ALL SEE YOU TOMORROW 😍😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️