Chapter Fifty Six Roller coasters

Nicks perspective
Tori had pulled Charlie away but we all knew what the discussion was about it was blatantly obvious. I was talking small talk with Michael but I couldn't help myself to feel flustered without Charlie, I know he doesn't think this but he helps me more than I think I help him. I need him, he makes me feel comfortable and safe when he's not around I feel uneasy and anxious. I start looking around the bush to see if Charlie was almost done talking with Tori, i'm so happy she's back he loves her so much and has always needed her support. I still couldn't wrap my head around that today was the day I was going to propose to Charlie, I know he is going to say yes but it still is really nerve racking. I needed to make this day as perfect as possible! no pressure right, but honestly any day with Charlie is special so I think everything will turn out alright. Before Charlie came back I need to quickly text my mom and make sure that the picnic in the field outside my house is set up with the special flower arrangements, that I know Charlie will love. My tall skinny boyfriend comes back into sight and I can't take my eyes off him he is the most handsome guy i've ever seen with his curly black hair that shines in the sun his dimples that creased extra hard when he smiles a true happy smile, his style that matched his personality perfectly and his bright blue eyes that look like the water that belongs to a perfect beach. "What game are we doing first" Charlie says with a smile before reaching his hand out to grab mine. "No games that's weak let's hit our first roller coaster" Michael says with an enthusiastic tone. Charlie almost looks sea sick at the mention of a roller coaster was he scared of rides? "Charlie are you scared of roller coasters" I say "Umm maybe just a little" he replies. Tori burst out laughing "Just a little!! That's funny the first time we went to Disney Land Charlie cried and cried the whole trip because he was terrified just looking at the rides and for the record he was 12 years old" I didn't want to embarrasse Charlie or anything but he cried at the sight of rides at 12 freaking years old that was pretty funny, that's was only two years before we started dating. I couldn't contain my laughter "You cried at the sight of a roller coaster at bloody 12 years old, how come i've never heard this story before" Charlie gives me a sharp look then elbows me in the gut "I never told you because I knew you would make fun of me and big surprise I was right. Way to go Tori" I look over to Tori and she's holding her hand out for a high five she definitely deserved a high five for that one. I can tell Charlie is being a little bit sensitive so I pick him up and cradle him in my arms "I'm in love with a big baby"I exclaim, he squirms and try's to get out of my arms but I don't let him I then kiss his cheeks and poke his stomach tell he laughs and I eventually let him down. If it was up to me I would just pick him up and carry him everywhere with me.

Me and Charlie are walking behind Tori and Michael who are also holding hands in front of us chatting and laughing Tori looked so happy. "I'm so happy Tori and Michael are still together they are a great match I can't imagine Tori being with anybody else" Charlie says smiling and admiring his sisters smile and laugh. "Your right they are a great match just like us" He stands on his tippy toes and leans in for a quick kiss "Yeah just like us" he says smiling like not just a quick smile, a genuine smile, one's you see when a sixteen year gets there first car for there birthday or a kid gets a puppy for Christmas, a magical smile. "You know how much I love it when you smile like that" I say admiring the most amazing smile i've ever seen. He continues to smile and squeezes my hand in appreciation, Charlie was sometimes just like Tori quiet and unresponsive showing his emotions through feel and touch instead of words, those moments always felt the specialist.

Charlie's perspective
Micheal stops in-front of a large roller coaster and points to it, I hate roller coasters they just freak me out, maybe I was a bit of a wimp and overreacted when it comes to roller coasters but I can't get rid of the fear. Nick soft gently touch strokes my back then he says "You ready" I most definitely was not ready, I was petrified "Babe one roller coaster I promise to hold your hand the whole time and if you don't want to go on another one i'll play games with you the rest of the time" Nick made everything better and it didn't seem so scary riding the roller coaster with him by my side and he seemed like he really wanted to go on one together "yeah ok deal but, you can't let go of my hand"

We line up for the roller coaster the line was in pairs, Tori and Michael still standing in front of us. We we're getting closer to our turn to board the roller coaster I couldn't help feel excited and nervous all at the same time Nick wrapped his arms around my waist and cinched me in closer so I was standing even closer than before. He whispers "Hey you know it's not to late to back out don't worry i'll still play games with you and hold your hand if we don't go on the ride" I laugh at how effortlessly funny and lovable Nick was "I'm actually a little excited I want to try, and what could go wrong I have star rugby player Nick Nelson to protect me" Before Nick could get a word out the roller coaster operator called us up to get strapped in.

The ride had started and it was definitely fast, I wasn't a little kid anymore so I wasn't as scared as 12 year old me but I also didn't love it like I know other people do. I held on to Nicks hand and just enjoyed looking at his facial expressions, he looked so adorable with the wind blowing in his hair and his shocked face when there was a drop.

I'm a little embarrassed to say that after the ride I had been so dizzy that Nick had to carry me off the ride and down the steps. "What do you think?" Nick said in an inquiring tone. "I think we should get a snack" Nicks eyes lit up they were sparkling and his smile was unreal "Yes, yes what we're you thinking" I wasn't a snacker nor loved junk food but I think I could go for some ice cream on such a hot day like today. "What about ice cream" I say looking to see what other's opinion are, they all agree immediately,  i'm not sure if it was because I suggested it or it was really hot and everybody wanted ice cream but it worked for me either way.

Nicks perspective
This had been such a fun time but the cherry on top was seeing Charlie volunteer to eat a snack let alone in a public setting with hundreds of people around. He was so strong and I was so proud of him, he's the strongest person I know and i've always admired him for that "I can't express how proud I am of you Char" I whisper into his ear as we're finishing up our ice creams, he rests his head on my shoulder and shuts his eyes taking in this moment. It really was the perfect start to our perfect day.

Authors Note
I saw a lot of your guys comments on the last Chapter and I know you all thought something bad was going to happen but that's not what I meant to imply I was just trying to imply that he missed and still needed Tori's support, Charlie is doing so much better and the proposal is going to go smoothly don't worry love you all ❤️💖🫶