Chapter Fifty three Counting Calories

Nicks perspective
I walked throughout the door to see Tao and Charlie excitedly talking about Strangers Things I think. Tao has officially been forgiven in my books I really needed his help today and he even seemed to cheer Charlie up. Charlie hasn't quite been his self lately and it pains me to know that I can't fix all his problems. "Hey guys what are you guys talking about" Charlie ignores me and keeps talking to Tao about Elf's and dice breakers? "Hey Nick we're just talking about DnD " Tao says. Before I could say anything in return he gets up off the couch and pulls me by the arm outside of our apartment. He then says "I need to talk to about something" I looked at him confused and said "What, Charlie seems fine" he replies "It's not Charlie it's you i'm worried about" What was he talking about I was fine "What do you mean" I say eagerly waiting to hear what he has to say. "Your so worried about Charlie that you seem to be taking this whole relapsing thing worst than he is" My face burns up and my eyes start to feel teary "But it's my fault" after the words left my mouth tears started falling my my face. Tao then says "It's not your fault at all Nick, it's not healthy that your blaming your self for this" I valued Tao opinion because he knew Charlie well and never hid the truth. "I don't know what to do Tao i'm really worried about him but I don't want to treat him like he's made of glass ether" Tao hugged me quickly then said "Just spend time with him help him and care for him try using the strategies Charlie's therapist has given him" he was right Charlie never even try's to use those strategies his therapist provides for him maybe that could help. "Your right Tao thank you" he smiles and pats me on the back "You have my number if you want to talk more or if you need help with Charlie" I waved bye to him and walked back into our apartment seeing Charlie standing in front of the door with his arms cross. he then says "Did you pay the babysitter for watching me" I knew he was going to be mad and maybe I should've trusted him but it was too late now. "Charlie you know it's not like that" "But it is like that Nick" he says before hugging me. I wasn't quite understanding why he was hugging me when he was angry at me but I wasn't complaining. he then says "I know your worried about me but i'm being honest with you when I tell you i'm ok so can you just trust me next time" I picked him up off the ground and he was still clinged onto me with his legs wrapped around my waist. "I'm sorry I should've trusted you"

"It's ok...Tao invited me to join his new DnD club i'm nervous because there's some new people i've never met in it but i'm excited I haven't played in a long time"

That was great, Charlie always had such a passion for that game and I think this club would be really good for him "Awe babe that's great" I said as I put him down on the ground. I was so hungry and that's because I forgot to make us breakfast this morning and I know Charlie didn't eat anything well I was gone, it was getting late it was almost dinner time. "Charlie can you have a snack before dinner" He replied "ok" and went into our pantry to grab one, I don't even know what snacks he likes because he never snacks unless he hasn't eaten anything in a while and I ask him too.

I went to go look at what snack he was going to choose because I was curious then I noticed him reading the label on the side of the granola bar box. I need to give him the benefit of the doubt and not smother him about this. The thought of him calorie counting was stuck in the back of my head though

(The next day)
Nicks perspective
Charlie was still asleep this morning and his favourite breakfast was cereal preferably Fruity pebbles, I poured him a bowl and me a bowl I hadn't put the milk in yet so it would be soggy. I just sat at the table scrolling through insta gram waiting for Charlie so we could eat together. A few minutes go by and Charlie walks into our kitchen he doesn't even say good morning he just goes into the pantry and starts reading the label on the cereal box and starts comparing it to the other cereals, I know this isn't healthy and could make his ED worsen I needed to step in and help him. I tapped his back and said "Char don't do that you know that's not good" "Sorry your right" he says. "Don't say sorry love just come eat breakfast with me" We walk together back to the table and he slowly eats the cereal he was almost finished when he started push his spoon around the bowl instead of eating it. "Hey, baby if your full you don't need to eat anymore i'm so proud of you" he nods and takes his bowl to the sink to rinse it out. "I'm really trying Nick" " I know Love"

(Later that day...)
Charlie's perspective
I didn't feel like eating lunch today I just felt like I didn't have the strength my wrists were aching and I just didn't want to fight with myself. I walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water and nick was sitting at the table he then said "Are you hungry I can make lunch now" I replied "I'm not hungry babe" he gave me an are you sure look the said "Ok I won't make lunch, but can you at least eat a snack then" "yup" I reached into our cupboard to find a snack but I couldn't help myself to look at the labels it's like they were taunting me. I feel Nicks hand on my shoulder "You know your not supposed to do that" " I know, I just can't seem to help myself that probably sounds crazy but I don't know why I just can't stop" He hugged me from behind making me feel relaxed and at ease in his arms "well why don't I pick out a snack for you I'll have one too" "I'd like that thanks babe"

Nicks perspective
as we were eating our snack I couldn't help but think about what he mentioned and he was really trying to do better I just wish there was something I could do to make it easier for him but then I remember what I had done in university when he came to visit I coloured out the labels with sharpie so he couldn't read them. Why didn't I think of this sooner. We finished our snacks and I grabbed a sharpie and went to our pantry and started blacking out the labels on all the snacks. I had almost finished when Charlie came in and said "what are you doing" I probably did look weird I was sitting on the floor in our pantry with all the snack boxes laying beside me on the floor, he then picked up a box and saw what I had done. He bent down and sat in my lap and started kissing my cheeks and neck "Thank you" he says well looking at me with his mesmerizing blue eyes "I would do anything for you Charlie your the love of my life." We didn't say anything else he just say there in my lap and rested his head on my shoulder well I scribbled away. He was really trying to get better, I think when he cut his wrist that deep he scared himself, seeing him put in so much of an effort into getting better made me so happy.

Authors note
Hey guys you can thank tpwk__lexie for this amazing idea if anyone else has any ideas they would like to see you can post it on my notice board or the comments!!! I do have some sad news though 😢😣 I won't be posting new chapters for three days because i'm going up to my Aunts house where there is no internet, for the weekend. Sorry to keep you waiting but when I get back I will be writing the proposal Yayay Ily 😘