Chapter 100 Bedtime re write

Charlie's perspective
I turn over facing the wall to escape the glow Nicks phone was admitting, finally falling asleep again.

But what Charlie didn't know was that he would soon be woken up by that annoying light once again, Nick was nervous to say the least it seemed like he wasn't going to get any sleep tonight at the rate he was going, it was really late and he still hasn't put his phone away and it didn't seem he had any plan to. Believe it or not he's using it to distract himself from the pressure he felt not just to annoy Charlie. This new experience and job opportunity wasn't just promising for their future but held great importance to Nick he loved it and was a natural. He didn't want to let anyone down especially not Charlie, Nick thought so highly of Charlie and wanted him to be proud of him, he really wanted Charlie to be proud of him and Charlie wouldn't be proud of him if he didn't get the contact right?

half an hour later currently 1:00am...

Charlie's perspective
I feel myself waking up again and when my eyes eventually open they feel sore and I keep blinking from the light, I turn over to cuddle Nick and I see that he's still up he had a very important day tomorrow and never stays up this late. He is sitting up against the bed frame holding his phone in his hands reading some sort of article, I lay my head on his arm and get a closer look at what he's looking at, it was an article about modelling, it was talking about different types of modelling and what to expect on your first day, this is why he was up so late he was nervous Nick wasn't the nervous type but he clearly was flipping out about this.

Nicks perspective
"Nicckkkkk" Charlie groans I look down at him he, was awake now "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you babe go back to sleep and i'll cuddle you in a minute" Charlie then put his hand in front of my phone "Noo you need to go to bed" I turned off my phone and laid down face to face with Charlie "your nervous for tomorrow aren't you" Charlie said mater of factly knowing I was super nervous, I nodded my head "Yeah" I moved over to Charlie putting my head on his chest, he pulled his arm around me and drew shapes on my back with his finger. "Why are you nervous" Charlie asks I think about all the things i'm nervous about which is everything there's not much i'm not nervous about right now "What happens if I don't get the contract" Charlie kisses me on the nose "You will get it, I know you will" "But what if I don't" I say letting the worry prevail in my voice harnessing all my concerns. "Let's not think about that" Charlie says, I know what he was saying was the right thing to do because the more I worry the more i'm feeding into it, letting it take over, but I can't not worry this is our future this could change everything it's seriously a massive deal. "I.. I cant not think about what happens if I don't get it because it's not my future, it's ours" He had the same twinkle in his eyes as he always did when he looked at me, it was undeniable that he loved me and that's even more of a reason why I can't fail him, I can't fail us. "Nick if it doesn't go well which I know it will, we will be ok, you haven't even quite your teaching job you just took off one day if you don't get the contact you can keep trying until you get into modelling or you can go back to teaching, we have lots of options" The more I thought about it the more I didn't want to go back to teaching, The school system is so unfair, it breaks my heart to see students get bullied or picked on, it's just a constant reminder of how Charlie got bullied and I was such a coward I did nothing to stop it, when I heard Charlie was getting bullied before I knew him I just shrugged it off I didn't even give it a second bloody thought, this will always haunt me nothing Charlie says will fix that. The principal does dick shit about it when a student is getting bullied they don't care nobody fucking cares and their monsters complete monsters for that, just like I was. "Yeah I could go back to teaching" Charlie tilts my chin up so i'm looking at him "You sound sad about that, you don't want to go back to teaching do you sweetheart" Fuck why did Charlie have to know me so well "I get sad everyday when I walk into that building knowing kids hate it" Charlie responds "Well of course kids hate it it's school love it's not your fault or anything you did" "Why did you hate school?" I asked knowing the answer, Charlie hesitated "Because I was picked on" "exactly 85% of the kids at school get picked on and the select few popular kids are the only ones who don't endure that because there the ones doing it, it's not fair and I can't stand watching it all happen just like I did with you I'm not making that mistake again" "What do you mean like with me, Nick you helped me you never picked on me what are you talking about" Charlie said enthusiastically. "When you were first getting bullied I didn't help you some mates told me about it and I didn't do anything" Charlie placed his hand on the side of my face "You didn't know me Nick do you think I helped every person I heard was getting bullied" I fiddled with my hand trying to think of any answer but no, but that was the only answer "No" I said quietly. He kissed me on the lips "See, now go to sleep you have an exciting day tomorrow" I nuzzled my face into his chest more, I had my leg across his body and I was holding on to Charlie unable to fathom how much I loved him then I fell asleep.

Authors Note
This was based off the mini comic bedtime by Alice Oseman. 100 CHAPTERS WOWOWOWO this is so exciting i'm so happy you guys are here with me and have read this many of my chapters the book is at around 8 hours that's insane i'm so proud of how far we've made it and I wanted to just say how much I truly love you all and winterwidow1945 This is for you I dedicated today's chapter to you because your truly an inspiration please keep fighting there's always a rainbow after the rain ☔️💗 and BookDuck_ GabyAvila903035 you never fail to make me smile xxx commenting and voting helps me write chapters so thank you xxxx