Chapter 149 let me talk to my fiancé

Harry's perspective
We were driving everything was dark, the street lamps admitted just enough haze glow to light up the road. The inside of the car was dark I couldn't even tell if Charlie's eyes were open I needed to make sure he stayed awake and present. I turned on the little light in between the two front seats attached to the roof, I looked over at Charlie his eyes rolled back again "Charlie can you hear me" I said jerking his shoulder "Yeah I can" he grumbled his voice so strained from crying and screaming it was unrecognizable. I feel my hands start to sweat so much that they almost slip off the steering wheel. I have no clue what to do I want to call Nick he will know but Charlie gave me the impression he didn't want me to call him. "Charlie I think I should call Nick he's probably worried out of his mind" Charlie's eyes started to tear up again "No don't he probably hates me" Charlie said the sadness leaking from his eyes. I know that's not true I know Nick would never hate Charlie no matter what he thinks he's done to hurt him, but how can I argue with him right now he's just been... well I don't know really what happened to him but from what I can see it was nothing good. My phone starts vibrating in my pocket once but I let it ring, twice I let it ring and on the third time I can't help but pull my phone out and check who it is, I look at the screen and see Ron's contact (Just to clarify bc it's been a while ron is harry's boyfriend and nick and charlie's friend) I answer it, it completely slipped my mind that I didn't tell him that I was leaving or where I was going. "who is it?" Charlie asks, I reply "just Ron" I put the phone back to my ear and to my surprise I hear Nicks voice on the other line "I heard Charlie where are you guys what is going on he can't just break up with me and not give me a reason I need to talk to him where are you!" Nick is in a full panic his words are fast and smushed together. I hesitate not knowing what I should say "Uhh Charlie is... he's not... he's hurt" I blurt out. Nick then says in an angry tone "You don't think i'm not fucking hurt the love of my life the only person i'll ever love just breaks up with me out of the blue no context at all" I take a breath trying not to cry just thinking about what I saw when I walked into that bathroom. "No you don't understand he's physically hurt like bad" Nicks voice drops "what, what happened where are you" I started to cry "I'm so sorry but he, he doesn't want to say I don't know why and I don't want to upset him rn he's been through enough" Nick started crying I could hear him through the phone "I need to see him harry I won't stop looking for him until I find him so you might as well just tell me" I gave in "my apartment" and with that he hung up the phone. I looked to my left to check up on Charlie he was unconscious again so I shook him awake.

Nicks perspective
I got in our car slamming my head against the steering wheel, I have no clue why he doesn't want me to be there, why he would just break up with me but that's not what i'm really worried about Im worried about him he's hurt and I wasn't there I wasn't there to protect him. The vision of him tapping my shoulder asking me to go to the washroom with him and me refusing is looping in my mind, I was so selfish that's the only reason I can think to why he would break up with me. I turn on the car and drive I know where his apartment is and getting there as quick as possible is the only thing on my mind now, I need to see him.

Time skip

I pull into an open spot near the entrance of the apartment building I opened the door and go to the elevator, I reached the third floor and got off walking towards room number 24b I get to there apartment and see harry standing outside the room door. "Where is he" I say standing in front of him. Harry looks completely stone cold "hold on I need to explain it to you so your not confused at why I can't let you see him" This is starting to feel off, something major has happened and there holding out on telling me, my heart has dropped and I feel my emotions building up. "Explain please" I say, harry avoids eye contact and says as he's looking at the floor "Well umm Charlie ran into an encounter with ben and..." he stopped why the fuck won't he tell me what happened "What the fuck has ben done to him" I yelled unable to be calm, if he hurt Charlie i'm going to kill him I seriously will not stop until I find him. "Let me see him" I say Harry puts his hand on my shoulder "Mate let me just talk to him first he's so fragile right now I don't want to do anything that will upset him" I nodded and watched as he walked away back into his apartment.

Charlie's perspective
I finally let my eyes shut now that harry is gone he's been trying to keep me awake all night, he's probably worried that if I fall asleep I might not wake up, maybe that would be for the best though so I shut my tired eyes for what feels like seconds before harry wakes me up again. "What" I say desperate to sleep. "Nicks here he's outside the door he really wants to see you Charlie" I think about how much I want to hug him how much I want to see his face, but I hurt him I didn't mean to break up with him but It still happened and if I have to see him sad or mad at me I don't think i'll be able to bear it. I can't handle anything more. "Please don't let him in" I say weakly grabbing on to Harry's arm. "Why though he needs a bit of an explanation Charlie it's not fair" I feel ashamed I could've said no to ben I could've fought harder but I gave in to his request so quickly "Tell him that I can't bear seeing him sad and I didn't mean to hurt him" Harry nodded and left I felt like crying but physically couldn't, I have cried so much my body can't do it anymore.

Part two

Nicks perspective
I paced up and down the hallway waiting for what Charlie is going to say, I want to kick down that door so bad right now the urge is almost unbearable, I need to wrap him up in my arms and i'll never let him go. I see the door open but he didn't invite me in he instantly says getting straight to the point "He's scared that your upset with him he doesn't want to see you upset" "I'm not upset with him at all I just want to see if he's ok please" harry left saying "I'll talk to him" I slid down the door feeling every bone in my body hurt, my chest felt like it was being weighed down, I did the only thing I knew what to do, I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket and texted Charlie

Nick:
I love you sm

I can never be mad at you

I know what ever happened isn't good and that's why you said those things I promise I could never be mad at you

i'm so in love with you let me hug you my love

Charlie read the messages

I turned off my phone shutting my eyes but stumbled back as the door I was leaning my weight on, opened. "He wants to see you" Harry said offering me a hand up I wiped my tears away with my sleeve and walked into the apartment, Harry stopped in the kitchen and said "He's in the the living room" pointing towards the sofa, I walked into the living room and I froze when I saw him, there was blood all over his neck, and his face was bruised his eyes were rolling to the back of his head, I ran over to him bending down to be eye level with him "What's wrong with him" I shout obviously seeing that he's no ok. I scoop him up in my arms bridal style, him wincing as I do as it seems his whole body is bruised. I rushed out the door "I need to take him to a hospital now" I carefully ran with him in my arms to the car, I held him in my lap I didn't want to let him go so we drove like that, I had one hand one the steering wheel the other cradling his head. "Nick?" Charlie finally spoke it caught me off guard when he did because his voice is so strained. "Yes sweetheart it's me, i'm not mad at you ok don't think that i'm just so worried" "I didn't want to break up I promise he made me do it" I forgot about ben he's responsible for all this i'm going to kill him. "Shhh you don't have to explain your self rest your voice for the doctor's ok" he nodded his head in my arms.

Authors Note
I'm genuinely so sorry for making you guys wait and i'm not one hundred percent sure my writing schedule rn it will probably be just when I physically can. I'm relapsing like crazy i'm so sad about a recent relationship that ended my heart is heavy so please be patient w me I really hope you guys liked todays chapter though. I love you and i'm so grateful for all your support it means sm to me!!!!!