destruction

Dazai was the one driving, I am holding on to the passenger grab handle with dear life. He was driving with one hand and going as fast as he could, listening to Kpop on full volume and singing along. I am about to start praying honestly.

He didn't tell me where we were going and why. The only thing he told me was that I was going to accompany him to assist and protect him since he has a hurt arm. He gave me a hint saying we were going to retrieve something in location and that it should be easy but it wasn't going to be.

"I am treating you to a great sight, something you have never seen before in your life, and can't be seen nowhere else, our own, almost, tourist attraction. You should be excited and thank me for being so good to you!!!" Dazai told me while driving, looking directly at me and not at the road, I probably look terrified and he is enjoying it.

We ended up on a lonely road surrounded by forest. He climbed out of the car and so did I. I took a bag filled with weapons and hung it from my shoulder, and we started walking till we saw a little house made out of red brick. He stopped walking and turned to me.

"You are going to stay here, you will only enjoy the show until you see we come out of the shed, and then we will need your assistance. You are not to act on your own unless I tell you too. This is not a selfish whim, this is a plan of action so you will follow it through, do you understand?" Dazai said to me in a low tone, it was not exactly threatening nor cold, but it was dead serious.

"Who is we?" I asked genuinely confused. He didn't tell if someone else from the Agency was coming to help us. Dazai just made a strange face, as if he had tasted some food that had gone bad and ignored my question.

"Just enjoy the show okay? No matter what you see, stay put until we come back from the shed, you will take care of the thing we will retrieve, oh also, take this" he said, handing me an ear piece, which I put on immediately.

"You are going to be able to hear everything I do and I will hear everything you say, so if you are in trouble or see something tell me" he said putting his hand on the top of my head and messing up my hair.

And so he went away and I stayed.

I stood hidden and watched as he got fucking surrounded by the enemy, but I trust Dazai, not as a person, but as a strategist I really do. Everyone in the Agency recognized that Dazai never loses, unless he wants to, unless there is an ace up his sleeve, so I stayed put and enjoyed the show as he said.

And then something came down crashing heavily into the ground, red glow around every person aiming at Dazai, and I watched the enemy be pulled to the ground by the weight of gravity.

Oh it is really going to be show.

"Ugh, I knew my bad mood had a reason." Dazai said, sticking his tongue out as if tasting a sour candy.

"Don't take me wrong, after I take out this trash, you are next" Chuuya said pointing a finger at Dazai.

I get why now they called them Double Black and why they were so feared. Not a second passed when the bunch of enemies were defeated, even the two ability users that were guarding the place. Dazai gave Chuuya signals and he attacked as Dazai said, and they were not even explicit orders, they were subtles looks, a smile, an eyebrow raised, a small movement of a finger. Chuuya understood it all.

I was indeed in awe.

How can these two people say they hate and don't understand each other so much, but be so in sync?

They went in and I kept hearing them tease and fight with one another. Apparently Dazai blew Chuuya's car when he left the Mafia. I couldn't help but chuckle at how the shaggy haired detective pushed Chuuya's buttons and the ginger almost always fell for it.