first act: horror

She woke up earlier than she would have wanted, but she had made plans before Dazai decided to show up in the middle of a thunderstorm and suddenly yell what was going on in that weird head of his.

She ran towards the little diner that Chuuya had told her to go, it was a little run down local, you wouldn't give two cents for it, when she got there the door was closed, but she was actually late, so putting his trust on the Executive she knocked on the glass door until an old lady came and opened the door.

"Hi I hav-" The young woman was cut off by a hand on her face, as the older woman told her to follow her, she led her to the back where there were some spiral stairs that were way too little and uncomfortable but I went up either way.

It led up to an attic that had small tables, Chuuya was already in one of them, he looked at the girl and gave me a soft smile. The place was small but thank god neither of them was tall so we fit perfectly. Coffee was brought and they started talking, normal stuff, a little of small talk.

"So... has anyone noticed on your side?" Chuuya asked despite knowing at least one person who knew about their clandestine meetings.

"mmm... well, Dazai obviously knows, but he didn't tell me much about it, Ranpo also knows, he told me he wasn't going to say anything." she answered while taking a bite of the fresh pastries that were delivered to their table.

"Why wouldn't he say anything? Isn't he like your Boss's kid or something?" Chuuya asked the girl sitting next to him, they were both sitting on the floor on some cushions, the space was small so they were also pretty close together, shoulders brushing, hands crashing when trying to take their coffee.

"Or something, Ranpo's like the President adopted kid indeed, but that also implies we have a sibling like relationship, he has always known that we talk its hard keeping things from him so I don't, and he won't say anything because he likes you better than Dazai" She let out a laugh at the last part, remembering how Ranpo literally had said to her that the active mass murderer was better than the former one.

"You guys are really weird." the red headed man said softly with a frown on his face unable to comprehend the complex personalities that reside in the Agency.

"As if the Port Mafia members are so normal... you are all freaks too" She said, scrunching her nose and sipping her coffee, and looking at the handsome mafioso from the corner of her eye.

"We are a group of respectable criminals" He said proudly, closing his eyes while sipping his own coffee, and was surprised by the snort that the lady beside him let out. She straight up started to laugh loudly.

"Higuchi has an unhealthy obsession with the Akutagawa siblings, Gin and Tachihara are always one second from killing each other, Tachihara is a failed playboy that always gets rejected, don't let me get started on the lemon bomb man, I literally want to make a thesis on his insanity, you have a hat collection that costs more than all your cars and a full walk in closet of them, and your Boss is a pedophile, oh and also Ryunosuke is obsessed with Osamu, but giving the cycle of abuse he gets a pass, he still weird tho" She said raising her fingers counting all the little quirks that Chuuyas coworkers had.

"Well, you have the number one freak, the suicidal bastard! Also your greatest detective can't figure out public transportation, the tall and blond one has borderline OCD or a bad case of anxiety, your Boss talks to cats, the psycho doctor is a masochist, the blond kid talks to cows, you have a literal entity that lives on your mind, also you like pickles that's sick, literally disgusting." He said mimicking her by lifting his fingers and counting. She just had her mouth open in surprise, she didn't expect Chuuya to keep her little game going.