Selfish Whim

I could feel him tense up a little. He moved me to the side, and I looked up to him, I almost could hear him think. He looked around then opened a kitchen drawer pulling a gun out and headed to the door.

"Stay here for a bit" He said softly, and I rolled my eyes at him and went to grab a kitchen knife, and followed him, he rolled his eyes at me in annoyance.

He opened the door, and there he was.

"KARL♥!" I yelled and threw the knife to the nearest wall so I would stick into it and opened my arms so the little creature could jump on me. And he did.

"Ugh, I don't get what you see in it, they can get you rabies you know?" He said scrunching his nose as he watched me snuggle the small raccoon. He had a cellphone in his little hands, which Dazai took.

We have been uncommunicated all this time, in fear that our phones would be tracked so I'm guessing the Agency has something to tell us and sent Karl since he is well, a raccoon. One of the nice things that came out of the war was Rampo and Poe's friendship, or relationship. I don't know don't care, I just loved Poe's pet, the raccoon named Karl.

The phone started to ring.

"Shit it's a video call" I heard Dazai yell, I ran to my room with Karl still in my arms. I moved him to my shoulders so I could look for something to help us in the situation. I ran back to the kitchen and threw Dazai some eye drops, he just raised an eyebrow but put some and so did I. we looked at each other and did hand movements as if we were Broadway actors ready to go out on stage.

He pressed accept.

"Hiii guys! How are things? Missing us already?" Dazai said in his overly optimistic fake voice, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Hello, sorry for the long wait, there have been some discoveries, we think that in two days you can be back home, how are you handling things?" Kunikida said over the phone looking as serious as ever, I could see Atsushi and Kyoka trying to take a peak.

"That's nice, I miss eating things that aren't eggs and ramen" I said laughing.

"Is Dazai behaving? If not, you are free to beat him up as much as you think is necessary" Kunikida said, his tone almost encouraging.

"I am a gentleman as always Kunikida-kun, I don't get why you have zero faith in me" Dazai said, touching his chest as if he had been shot.

"So, have you almost killed each other, or fucked?" Yosano chimed in out of nowhere. I just blushed, my ears hot, Dazai, being high also slipped and we didn't answer immediately, and Yosano was raising her eyebrow.

"Yes" we both said at the same time but in different tones. Then we had everyone on the freaking screen, looking at us as if they were cops and we were being interrogated.

"Anyways, can we keep Karl until we come back?" I asked, trying to break the tension and presenting Karl like a baby on the camera as if they didn't know who he was.

"No! He comes back, that was the deal!" I heard Poe's voice in the background.

"Ashhh" I complained.

"Are you guys high?" Rampo asked, opening his eyes and smirking.

"Nah" "nuh uh" "pff" we both said different answers and Rampo just started laughing loudly, and I wanted to laugh too but Dazai elbowed me in the ribs.

"Well, we will keep in touch." Kunikida said suspiciously.

"You can use the phone to send messages and it has internet." Yosano said in the background.