serpent

Chuuya has been avoiding the young woman, not answering her texts or calls, for the next two days. They have been communicating with each other for a while, using a different phone he got for each of them.

The Executive was not pissed at her, well maybe a little, nor he was pissed, surprisingly with his ex partner. He was angry at himself and the situation he got himself into. He remembered the short phone call, clear as day.

"Stop flirting with my honeybear Chuuya, she's not yours to play with." Dazai said slyly and kind of threateningly.

"Remember your place, people don't chose you, they leave you, get your fucking feet back to earth, what makes you think this friendship of yours is going to last, you live in the shadows, you crawl on the dirt and blood of the city, you really want her to have that life? You know she's better with the Agency, with me." His ex-partner hung up and Chuuya had nothing to say but everything to feel, he hated when Dazai said truthful words in a fake happy tone.

Nakahara Chuuya is giving up. Once again sacrificing his own happiness for the greater good, for someone else's happiness. He knows Dazai was being a manipulative son of a bitch, he was being selfish and he was no good either for her, but the Agency is. He knew that and he was on his way of accepting that.

So he was just going to push her away until things cool down.

•♦○

"You want to form an alliance with the Port Mafia?" Kunikida's voice raised.

"That's a bold idea, Atsushi-kun" I said surprised, to be honest it sounds like a good strategy, taking down the Guild was a priority and the City was almost destroyed by their antics. The Port Mafia might be a criminal organization, but they have the honor to defend their territory.

"I guess I can arrange a meeting" Dazai said, while laying his head on my lap, we are kind of talking again. After Chuuya led me to him, Dazai and I have been on friendly terms given the situation. Well, he is taking advantage that I don't want to fight right now. I'll fight with him later. Still not forgiven, plus, I'm sure he said some weird shit to Chuuya and that's why he is ignoring me now. When in doubt, blame Dazai.

"Why would you be the one doing that?" Kunikida asked Dazai with an eyebrow raised.

"Uuh, because hes ex Port Mafia, not only that, he was an Executive, who would have thought this stupid and lanky man could have been a Mafia big shot." I said taping Dazais head while he just had a goofy smile on.

"WHAT" Kunikida was in shock, how did he not know? Even since the conflict started everyone pretty much knew Dazais little secret.

"Yeah everyone knew... so anyways, are you guys talking again?" Atsushi asked, pointing at us.

"It's only a temporary truce, he has not been forgiven" I said while making little braids in Dazai's hair, and smiled at Atsushi. Then lower my face close to the lazy detective's face.

"But you and I are gonna have a talk later about something" I said kind of menacingly.

"Uuh you sound scary, I kinda like it, you should do it more~" He winked at me and I flicked him on the forehead.

☆☆☆

So, I went to the meeting, partially because I wanted to see if Chuuya was there. He wasn't. But I got to see the most important people in the Port Mafia, including the boss himself, Mori Ougai.

I was standing behind Dazai, that was his only condition to stay close and behind him. So I did, clinging to him with my finger through the belt loop of his trench coat.

Dazai's aura was different in the meeting, he looked taller, less lanky and goofy. He looked like someone who gives orders and makes other people bend their knee to him. His face remained the same but I could see his eyes getting darker, especially when Mori spoke to him.

"Ah, is the little lady hiding behind you the Agency's newest member?" He said looking at me, his words were friendly but his voice was not, his eyes looked empty and lifeless.

Dazai tensed up and pushed me forward so that I was in front of him, he put an arm around my shoulders and held me close to him, looking straight at Mori.

"Yeah, she's a very important person to me, so kindly stay away♥" he said while wrapping his other arm around my waist. I felt like a prey being squished by a serpent.

"Also for your own good, she's pretty capable around sharp objects, trained by the President himself, and me obviously, she won't go out without a fight, she'll take an eye or two." Dazai added, putting his head next to mine so they were touching.

I felt dirty, as if he was announcing to everyone that I am his plaything and no one is allowed to play with his toys. Still, I know this was the deal, I was the one that gave him the idea to protect me from Mori so I could stay in touch with Chuuya.

"I see, she looks lovely, a little too old for me, but beautiful nevertheless no wonder our Chuuya had an interest in her too" he said looking at Dazai, they keep talking like I am not here.

"I am here you know, don't talk as if I am just a lifeless doll." I said pushing Dazai slightly, taking off the arm around my waist from me, but keeping him close.

"Mori Ougai, if you keep sending your hellhound to hunt Atsushi-kun or hurting ANY of my friends, I'll cut your head off myself." I said in a firm tone, looking directly into his eyes and touching the handle of my sword.

"You got spunk I see, well I am turning down the alliance" he said, closing his eyes and turning around.

"Dazai, there's always a place for you in the Mafia if you want to come back" Mori said, turning his head back a little to look at Dazai who still had his arm around my shoulder.

"Even your little pet can join if she wants, I'm sure Chuuya would be thrilled" he added in a mischievous tone accompanied by a smirk.

And... threw a knife at him, he deflected it with a scalpel, a surprised look on his eyes. The black lizard members got in a defensive position to protect their boss.

"Call me a pet again and see what happens, you fucking pedohile." I said in a low tone, my words dripping with poison and anger.

"I can see you trained her well, Fukuzawa-dono" Mori's eyes looking into mine, I could feel the cold gaze trying to intimidate me but I stood my ground.

"I did, so please don't taunt her. Plus, if you insult one of my Agency's members one more time, I'll be the one to respond" The President said in a serious tone.

"Mori-san, you were always afraid that I would slit your throat in the middle of the night, just as you did to the former Mafia boss before you, you can't deny it since I was there, so don't forget that your fear is perfectly sustented, evil expects evil from others, and you should" Dazai's voice was cold and emotionless, his eyes were glowing red, bloodlust filled the atmosphere.

And we went back to the office, Dazai went somewhere else for a while and I went home.

At around 9 pm he came knocking at my door, his arm on a sling, saying we had a special mission.

And it was monstrous, quite literally.