trip

“Love, wake up, we have to go” Dazai said, shaking my shoulders a little. 

“Is the apartment on fire?” I mumbled, still half asleep and without any intention to get up.

“No, but we need to go, hurry up” He said, taking the covers off my body in an attempt to make me wake up.

“Then fuck off” I said, hugging my knees up to my chest and hiding my face between them.

“Kunikida-kun is already waiting for us in a location, come on, get up” He said trying to untangle the position I assumed, and this time I let him because work was mentioned. Curse my sense of responsibility. 

“Is this work related? Why didn't you tell me!” I said standing up and heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

“I tried to!” I heard Dazai yell at me just before closing the door and finally waking up with the water hitting my face.

After 15 minutes I was ready to go, Dazai was carrying two bags but I was too tired to ask so I just followed along. There was a taxi outside waiting for us, as we got in, none of us said a word, we were just playing with each other's fingers, my eyes felt like closing again and my consciousness wanted to fade into the sweet dreamland. 

We got off at a train station, Dazai left for a minute and I stayed to take care of the bags. He returned with two tickets and just led me to the right train. I was on automatic mode. Five days had past from the completed mission surrounding Frederik, and the mess with Emanuel, and honestly I felt very tired, a lot of things happened in this month, between me almost getting locked up from committing aggravated assault, I got some tattoos, then things happening between Osamu and I, both good and bad, then almost dying from hypothermia. I needed a break. 

I was looking outside the window watching the green and the brown from trees and bushes melt because of the speed we are traveling in, going in and out consciousness, trying my best to stay awake but failing miserably and taking a little micro naps. After an hour my brain starts to function.

“Hey, where are we really going? What is going on?” I turned to face Dazai who already has a stupid smile on his face, his eyebrows a little raised and his eyes gleaming with mischief. 

“It's a surprise” He said, taking my hand and bringing it close to his face. 

“So… there's no Kunikida? and no work related thing?” my tone was slow as if I was trying to process what was going on.

“Nope, I lied so you would wake up.” He said looking proud of himself, patting himself on the back for lying to my face and getting away with it. 

I puffed my cheeks in response, making my annoyance known as I closed my eyes, deciding I was going to sleep the whole way to wherever we are going. I felt Dazai kiss the top of my head as he slithered his arm around my shoulders, making me rest my head on his chest and I reluctantly accepted, falling asleep while listening to his heartbeat and his breathing. 

••

“Wake up, we are almost there. Are you feeling well? You have been very sleepy” Dazai said, putting his hand to her forehead checking her temperature. It was slightly high, but not the worrying type. 

“I am up, and just a little tired, I feel like I haven't caught a break for a while” She said, while standing up from her seat and stretching a bit, the man beside her just watched carefully, reading her movements and words, humming in response.