told you so

He pushed me away. He pushed me away. He pushed me away.

I can't believe this. Did I misread the situation?

Dazai is always flirting with me, saying suggestive remarks at me, eyeing me from all over the room, winking at me, holding my hand, hugging me... I want to die, I really want to die, this is so embarrassing. I can't believe I misread this, oh no, he opened up and here I was, being a whore?

I am panicking. He is not looking at me, he is averting his gaze. I have to get out of here.

"It's getting kind of late, so um... I'll let you rest" I said, standing up and grabbing my bag that was hanging on the coat rack by the entrance. I didn't even put my boots on, so I took them and ran out of that apartment. My heart feels like it's going to beat itself out of my chest. This is bad.

Dazai didn't even say anything while I was running away. He didn't chase me or try to go after me, he didn't even ask what was going on. This is on me. I knew from the start that man was bad news, and here I am, literally sprinting away from his apartment without shoes on because I feel stupid.

I don't know if I wanted to cry or laugh. Probably both. I don't even know where I am. I sat down on a fucking sidewalk and put my boots on. I must look crazy. I want to talk to someone but I don't know who, I usually talk to Dazai when I want to vent or want an answer, but now I cant talk to him without combusting, there is someone else but I don't think I should.

Fuck it, Ill call him...

•••

Dazai Osamu was still in his apartment, exactly at the same spot in the same way that his pretty eyes left him. He knew what he had done wrong, he knew why she ran away, and he did nothing about it because this was getting out of hand.

He had known since the night before, that this is getting serious, and that could mess up his big plans.

Dazai is no stranger to women, he has been there, done that, and got that promotion, he enjoys the attention that flirting gets him, he knows women and men like him and find him attractive and he gets what he wants out of it, makes his life a little easier sometimes. And his 'pretty eyes' went from being a little toy to entertain himself, to being a friend, to the lines getting a little blurry. And he enjoyed teasing the little lady, he enjoyed watching her get flustered, and then he enjoyed her answering back, fighting back, playing the same game he did.

He started to notice himself slipping when he got pissed at her. Dazai Osamu doesn't get mad at people, he doesn't even care about them, he is above it all, he is busy on his throne giving people roles to play, he wins, he has the last laugh. But that girl made him mad sometimes, not only that, she got him to react directly to his feelings of anger, he yelled at her, was mean to her, in public and in private.

Everything was easy to ignore until yesterday...

They were walking back from the last bar, the Chilean one. They were both walking in diagonal, she was holding onto his arm and talking about how she has never understood fractions, and hoped Kunikida didn't find out so he wouldn't try to teach her. He listened to her and looked at her ramble. She felt like the first air of summer after a long winter, subtle but comforting.

"How you like the date, guapo?" she said, slurring her words looking at him through unfocused eyes.

"I think it was nice, I had fun" He answered, staring at her with half closed eyes, the detective couldn't deny he was pretty drunk.

"I'm glad, I had fun too, it's sad that all the good things come to an end" the drunk girl pouted her lips and made a dramatic pose. "How about we have the last dance of the night?" the young woman said, taking her phone out and pressed shuffle.