kiss

"Can I kiss you?" He said in an innocent tone like a kid asking for a cookie.

My mind had stopped working, after all that tension and concentration, him asking for a kiss sounds like he is talking in another language.

"I-I guess..." I whispered, confusion placed in my expressions.

"That's not really an answer." He said, pouting his lips and looking away.

"Yes, you can kiss me." I said softly and replaced the confusion on my face with a little smile on my lips. I liked watching him act a little childish, there were glimpses of moments where he and I forget who we are and think of each other like normal people.

He stood up from his chair and walked to mine, he held my face with his hands, long fingers framing the sides of my face, I could feel the softness of the bandages on my chin. He looked at me for a second and then leaned in. It was a soft kiss, almost a small peck, it was different from the other kiss we have had, this was more... affectionate.

He then held our foreheads together after the kiss for a while. I felt like sleeping, I could really fall asleep like this. But then he pulled away and gave me the littlest of smiles with soft brown eyes.

"Lets make some breakfast" He said, pulling me up.

We were making an omelet since there wasn't a lot to work with, he was helping me cut some of the vegetables and I was beating the eggs to get them fluffy.

"So...where are we standing in the, um, us situation?" I asked looking at the eggs so I wouldn't have to look at him.

"Mmm...you can consider this a free trial." He said, in his normal tone, so not goot, not bad, but still not completely comfortable.

I turned to look at him with an eyebrow raised.

"If after these days of being stuck with me, you want to give it a try, I'll think about it, like for real this time." He said, raising the knife as a failed form to express honesty.

"So you haven't even thought about the possibility of an us?" I asked, kind of hurt.

"Yes and no. It's no secret that all my relationships are casual, and that's for a reason. You don't do casual, and that's for a reason too. So, why would I get anyone's hopes up in such a hopeless case?" He answered in his teacher's voice, but the last part sounded more sad than I think he intended.

"You don't know me" I muttered as if I was complaining.

"But I do my honeybear! I am just trying to keep the demons at bay, I might be a bad man that has done questionable things, but I am not someone who wishes to make others miserable, not anymore at least." He said half joking and half serious.

"I can take care of myself." I whispered, still annoyed.

"But wont you let me take care of you too?" He said placing the knife close to his face and making a cute face. I let out a soft chuckle.

"No thanks, I think you are going to mess me up more" I said jokingly.

"Oh, I can mess with you however you like, whenever you want, and in any position you ask" he said seductively with a smirk. I blushed intensely.

"Qué traes, te me calmas" I said, turning around to beat the eggs in peace. ('what is going on with you, calm down')

Dazai just laughed, it sounded like an honest and truthful laugh.

"We are not going to do that kind of stuff until-"

"We get married? Didn't know you were so traditional" He said, raising an eyebrow, while cutting the vegetables perfectly without looking at them, his attention was on me.