incident

We were walking back to my apartment. We decided to not take a cab since we were kind of tipsy and the fresh night air might help us process everything that just happened.

"I liked this date" I whispered as we both dragged our feet through the silent streets of the city, it was like 2 in the morning more or less.

"We both ended up crying, I ended up paying more than both of our apartment costs together and we are walking home, looking defeated" Dazai answered me in a sarcastic tone.

"Sounds like a good night to me, plus, I was not the one that threw the expensive looking plates right on the floor" I answered back pointing fingers at him and he scoffed.

"I didn't see you complaining while being on top of the table..." He said smirking at me and I blushed and looked away.

"That's not the point..." I whispered back in defeat. He threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer, giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

"What are we going to do for our third date?" He asked no one in particular and tapped his chin in deep thought.

"We could both plan something, then we decide whose plan was better" I said with a smile on my face, my eyes closing. I was so tired I could just lay in the middle of the sidewalk and sleep.

He stopped suddenly, which made me open my eyes and look up to him. He had a wild look on his eyes and a smirk on his face.

"You really want to compete with me?" He said with excitement in his voice, eyes gleaming in the streetlight. I let out a yawn.

"I will fucking destroy you, nothing will be left of you. Your pride? Ripped to shreds after I am done with you" I said in a monotone voice as I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"Why you always tease me like that" He said jokingly and I let out a small laugh in response.

I was walking with my eyes closed, trusting Dazai to lead us back home, I was literally following him blindly, he kept his arm around me the whole time, making sure I was still conscious, at least half.

"This is not working" I heard him whisper and felt him put his arm in the back of my knees pulling me up so he was carrying me. I felt like a child but let it happen, I snuggled in his chest and whispered a low "sorry" while my consciousness faded away being rocked by the movement of him walking us home.

"Hey wake up, we are here" He whispered and I just hummed in response and wrapped my hands around his neck tight snuggling into him, and he chuckled a little and said something I could not hear.

The next morning I was in my bed with the same dress I had on last night but my make up was gone, the hair clip on my nightstand next to a glass of water and some aspirins, which I desperately needed. I called out the stupid but genius detective's name but got no answer, so I got up and searched for him inside the apartment but got disapointed by the loud silence of the void of emptiness.

「Good morning my beautiful Lilith, as I promised I did not stay in your apartment, I left as soon as I put you in bed and took your makeup off. Who would have thought glitter gets everywhere and is very hard to take off. Anyways, I have Agency work with Atsushi so I will be kind of busy today, enjoy the chilaquiles

Yours truly, Lucifer . 」

A smile plastered on my face as I finished reading the note he had left on the fridge, looking for the damn chilaquiles he had mentioned but I could not find them anywhere, and then my doorbell rang.

The delivery boy handed me the food and said goodbye. Dazai is very scary, calculating when I am going to wake up and everything, but I am grateful for some food when I am hungover so I will let it pass. Memories of yesterday's events running through my mind, making me feel a hurricane of emotions.