pouring words

The tall detective was running like crazy through the city, a little flask on his hand of which he casually took a sip of every once in a while. He knew that maybe he should stop drinking but he thought that if he did, he would turn around and head to his boring and empty apartment.

He felt little droplets of rain hit the top of his head. He saw people take out their umbrellas and open them up to cover themselves from the rain, a thing Dazai never understood why people hide away from the water, he just kept running dodging the other humans who were standing on his way, his target should be on the park, feeding the stray cats that live by a tree in the park near her apartment.

By the time he made it to the park the slight drizzle turned into a shower and his clothes were drenched, sticking to his slim figure. He took a walk round the park but she was nowhere to be seen, the cats she feeds hidden inside the trunk of the tree. So he was off running again.

His hair was sticking on his face, and the water was getting on his eyes, he felt a little bit tipsy, making him stumble a couple times, but he knew if he didnt go and tell her something now, he never would, letting the go of even the chance to feel, a little more human.

He was getting out of breath, running around slightly intoxicated is stopping to be fun, he was heading to her apartment. And there he saw her, running up the stairs, her hands covering her eyes from the rain.

"Stop!" Dazai screamed at her, but the sound of the heavy rain wouldn't let her listen, so he ran after her, up the stairs until he reached the back of the big flannel shirt she was wearing untucked as a coat.

"I told you to stop" He said out of breath and the young woman looked at him confused.

"What are you doing? You are drenched, both of us are, let go of my shirt to get into my apartment!" She screamed, the sound of the rain and some thunder filling the air.

"No! I have to talk to you, here, right now!" he screamed at her as he got close to her, both of them standing in the little rest step on the staircase.

"Dazai, the fucking sky is falling, are you crazy lets just get inside- are you drunk?!" she yelled at him and he just looked at her with a soft smile, her wet hair sticking to her face, two strands of white hair on the side of her face contrasting her skin and eyes.

"No, well yes, but I need you to hear me now, and it's Osamu, goddamn it!" He said as he cupped her face with his hands. She just looked at him and put her own hands on top of his, holding them secure on her face.

"I don't want you to flirt with anyone else, I don't want you to kiss a person that's not me, I don't want someone else touching you or seeing you naked. I want you all to myself, I want you to be mine and no one else's" he yelled at the top of his lungs as if he was trying to let the whole world he was claiming her.

"But I can't have you because I know what that means, you will want me to be reciprocate, you will ask to have me and you dont want that you really don't...you think you do but its because you have only seen the surface of how fucked I really am and you have no idea how much work-" he was cut off by her lips on his own, her hands on his neck as she pulled him closer and he kissed her back, running his hands on her wet hair. And they stood there, kissing and blocking the staircase for at least 8 minutes.

"We should get inside!" She stopped the kiss and took his hand, leading him up the staircase and into the hallway, the roof of it protecting them from the rain. She let go of his hand to look for her keys, as she opened the door and entered the apartment and took off her shoes.

"What are you doing? Come in, you are going to get sick!" She yelled at him, who was staring at her, resting his head on the doorframe.

"Nope, I am not coming in, I am done sneaking into your apartment and spending the night here, even if it's on the couch. I want to do this right, I want to be right, for you" He said in a soft tone, and she just stood there, looking at him with surprise on her face, a slight blush on her cheeks.