𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

*̥˚ Dylan *̥˚

It's the next day and I make my way to the cafeteria. I look around trying to find Aaron and Nailea, but I can't find them anywhere. There's only one other place they could be. The library. I lock eyes with Jacob, who was sitting with his friends. He waves me over to sit with him, but I just stand at the doorway.

I don't know why I feel weird, I mean, after what happened last night when I was on the phone with him and how we both admitted to each other that we like each other. I avoided him, because I don't know how I would feel if I said that to him face to face. Actually, I would feel stupid.

I look over at Vinnie and he was already staring at me. What is his problem?

I walk out of the cafeteria and went straight to the library. I immediately see Aaron sitting in our spot. He's too invested in his book, he didn't notice me sitting across from him. And then I realise Nai is not here.

"Where's Nai?" I ask Aaron, still reading his weird autobiography.

He finally looks up from his book and answers my question, "she's in the restroom, she'll be here by now."

Seconds later, Nailea walks in and sits beside him. My phone rings, I pick it up and see a text from Jacob.

Jacob: Dylan, it feels like you're avoiding me. Is it something I'd done?

Now I feel so bad. He's done nothing but be a good friend to me. But, I really like him and I know he really likes me. There was no reason for me to avoid him.

Me: You didn't do anything wrong, it's just that—I don't know.

Jacob: Meet me in the bleachers in two minutes. I want to talk to you.

I look up from my phone and saw Aaron still reading his autobiography and Nailea on her phone. I pull out my packet of Takis and I began to eat my chips.

Then I remember what Jacob told me last night.

"Why did you give Jacob my phone number?" I ask both of them.

Both of their heads shoot up in unison, looking up at me.

"Uhh...I did...sorry, Dylan. Jacob was begging for your phone number and I just gave in and gave it to him." Nailea explains to me.

If a guy liked Nailea and asked me for her number, I would literally run a background check on him to see for he's a psychopath or a criminal, or a guy who just wants to get into women's pants.

I finish with my chips and find the nearest bin, I scrunch up the packet and make a shot into the bin, and I make it in.

I randomly check my phone and see a text from Jacob.

Jacob: I've been waiting for you for five minutes. Are you coming?

Oh shit. I got up and inform Aaron and Nailea that I'm going to meet
Jacob. They look at each other smirking.

"Have fun with your boyfriend." Aaron says with a playful smirk.

I roll my eyes playful as I walk out the library. There's only ten minutes till lunch ends, I have to make this quick.