𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱

˚ Dylan ˚

It's eight o'clock and everyone's in the van chilling either watching a movie, playing board games or anything else.

I'm playing chess with Davis, I glance behind me to see Ella is okay playing with her toy on the floor. I glance to see Vinnie walk in looking bruised.

He got into a fight again when I specifically told him not to.

You gotta be kidding me.

We look at each other, I frown slightly, he didn't give me an apologetic look at anything. Instead, he gives me a little smirk.

What have you done again, Vinnie?

His bottom lip is busted again, his left eye is badly bruised even his knuckle is bruised. I feel angry, so fucking mad at right now.

Mum picks Ella up and puts her on her hips, "Alright, Ella and I are going to bed." She announces. I say goodnight to her and she steps out of the van.

Mrs. H looks around the van trying to find the first aid kit. She looks tired. I glance over at Vinnie then at Mrs. H.

"You go to sleep, Mrs. H, I'll take care of him." I tell her.

She gives a tired smile.

After she walks out, both Mr. H and Davis follow behind.

"Yo, Mr. H, you want a knockout that's getting late." Davis says to him.

"Um..." he looks at Davis in confusion.

Davis clears his throat, like he's trying to get Vinnie and I alone. That's exactly what he's doing. It takes Mr. H while for him to finally realise what Davis is trying to do.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm actually getting sleepy, let's-let's get out of here." He says to Davis.

They then leave the van, leaving us alone.

The van is dead silent. I roam around trying to find the first aid kit. I finally find it, but it's on top of the cabinet.

I reach out for it but I'm too short, I notice a stepladder in the corner, I grab the stepladder and before I walk over and grab the stepladder, Vinnie grabs it and hands it over to me.

"Here you go."

I turn my head to face him, I grab it and I tell him to sit back down. I grab some tissues, I run it in the warm water and place the wet tissue on his eye.

I'm standing in front of him, I get a little closer to him. I then wipe the blood off his busted bottom lip with a different wet tissue. We make eye contact and I quickly glance away from his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, princess. Your Dad was talking shit, so threatened to kill him. Also you're Dad can fucking fight." He says, laughing.

I stop what I was doing, back away, "What the fuck, why would you do that?!" I ask him. raising my voice.

Yes, I hate him, my Dad, but Vinnie is threatening him to kill him. It's even more terrifying, when Davis said it to Vinnie. It's my Dad. I can't imagine him dead, he's still my Dad, I still love him, but what he did was unforgivable.