𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

*̥˚ Vinnie *̥˚

I just got back from my workout at the gym and my morning run. I took a shower and got dressed and I'm on my way to Dylan's place to hangout. I'm now at the front yard about to knock on the door, someone beat me to it, the door opens and Mrs. Fox appears.

"Oh, hey Vinnie, if you're wondering if Dylan's here, she's not, she's at Nailea's place." She explains to me. I move out of her way and she locks the door and walks over to her car.

"See you around, Vinnie. Hopefully you don't do stupid things and end up in the hospital." She jokes, she then gets into her car. I laugh whilst shaking my head.

As I'm walking back home, I call Dylan, but no answer. I call her again, still no answer.

This is weird, she never ignores my calls. Unless something is wrong.

I then record a voicemail hoping she'll listen to us and call me.

I don't think anything further and I walk back and I get into my car and drive to Nailea's place. I pull up at the sidewalk, I cut off the engine and I climb out of me car and I walk up to the front door and knock on the door.

The door opens and I see Nailea, wearing a robe and a towel wrapped around her head. She wears something under her eyes and also wears a eye mask.

"What's up, Vinnie? Is anything wrong?" She asks me.

"I have you heard from Dylan?" I ask her.

I'm starting to get a bit uneasy, I've called about three times before I got here. She still hasn't returned my calls and texts, something is wrong and I can feel it in my bones.

"No?" She studies me trying to read me, she sees how uneasy I I'm.

"Is everything okay?"

"No! Everything is not okay!" I shout at her.

She slaps me right on my cheeks, "Vinnie, don't you fucking shout at me. You're not the only one who's worried about her disappearance, I'm also worried about her."

"Look, I'm sorry for shouting at you. You didn't deserve it, I'm sorry." I apologise to her.

I sigh deeply whilst running my hands down my hair. "Alright, I'll drive around and try to find her and if you find her, please call me and I'll immediately come over. Got it?"

"Yep, I'll keep calling and texting hoping she will answer." She says. "It's weird, we're supposed to hang out today."

We exchange phone numbers only for this purpose. I get back into my car and start to drive to places she would be in. I think for a second, of all the places she could ever be. She could be at the beach, the art gallery, at the park with her books, etcetera.

I went over to the local beach, she's not there.

I went to the local library, but she's not there.

I went over to the city to the art gallery, but she's not there.

I went over to the local park and yet again, but she's not there.