𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

˚ Dylan ˚

It's the last day of first semester and I don't want to end on bad terms with Nailea and Aaron, especially Jacob. I want to make things right. I park my bike to where the other bikes were and I went straight inside. Usually Aaron, Nailea and I hang out outside til the bell rings, but they won't outside. I walk down the hallway as usual and I arrive at my locker.

Then suddenly I feel something slide into my jean pocket. I turn around and see no one...weird. I dig in my pocket and pull out a piece of paper. A note that says.

Can we talk? I miss your voice. - Jacob

I froze. Jacob. I'm surprised that he's talking to me, on paper at least. But now he wants to talk in person. I'm anxious, scared. What if he tells me that he doesn't want to go back to being friends again and we stay as strangers.

I'm at the football field, I see Jacob about twenty feet away from me, he sees me and attempts to give me a smile but fails. I walk up to him, I stand about four feet away giving him some space.

"Hi." Is the first word I say to him after a month.

He changed, his hair is different, I see that he's been working out more. I miss his smile whenever I'm around and I miss his hugs and cuddles. But most of all I hope he's mentally doing well.

He looks nervous, "hi, Dylan." He says softly.

I tilt my head a little, "you wanted to talk," I give him a small smile.

He nods his head, "yes."

"I just want to say that I miss you." He says. "I miss being around you, near you. But what you did will forever be unforgettable." He says.

"I know," I say. "I don't expect you to forgive me, but I don't want to live like this forever, I don't want to lose my friend." He walks up to me, we're now five inches away from each other. I feel weird, I feel nothing intimate to him anymore.

"I don't want to lose you too." He brushes the loose strand of hair and puts it behind my ear, "wrong person, wrong time, I guess." He then laughs.

I frown in confusion, "you're not mad?"

I study his face, a smile creeps up his face.

He laughs, "no, I'm not. It's cool, I mean you're happy with the right person," he says. "If you're happy, I'm happy." His smile goes wider.

Happy. Something like that

Vinnie and I are not together, we're far from that. It'll be too complicated, and I don't think he knows it. I'm comfortable with what we have now. I can't imagine us dating.

"So we're cool?" I ask him.

"We're so cool." He smiles.

He brings me into a hug, he hugs me tightly. I'm so relieved that I have my friend back.

We both walk back inside together, then I realise we both are missing the first period. Second period History starts in fifteen minutes. Jacob and I go our separate ways on either side of the hallway, we wave, I say, "see you later," to him.