𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

*̥˚ Dylan *̥˚

It's now ten am and we only have a few hours before we have to pack everything back in the Caravan and drive back home. Mr. H tells us that we are going hiking again.

Vinnie and I missed out yesterday, instead of going with them we stayed behind. I don't know if they're even gone.

We all begin our hike. There's a hill in the distance and it looks pretty steep. This is going to be a long hike with me trying to keep up.

"Who goes hiking in the middle of the winter?" I say whilst we all walk up on the steep hill.

"Don't be a pussy, Dylan. Get those legs working." Davis calls me out.

I look over at Vinnie, who's beside me. He gives me a closed-lip smile, then grabs my hand and holds it, thinking that's what I wanted from him.

"Can I go on your back and you can carry me up the rest of the hill? Please." I give him a pouty face, "pretty please."

"No, princess. I'm not giving you a piggyback ride." He tell me, I'm shocked.

I start whining like a little baby. "Why not? My legs are starting to hurt."

Vinnie gives in, he squats down to my level and I jump into his back. While everyone else is minding their own business and walking a few feet front of us, I give him a kiss on his cheek.

He smiles, "You are so ridiculously cute."

"And you're just ridiculous." I then chuckle.

We're also finally at the top of the big hill.

"I couldn't stop thinking about what you said to Cameron yesterday." I suddenly tell him.

"What did I say to him yesterday?" He asks.

I feel like he's playing dumb with me.

"You told him that I'm your girlfriend." I say.

"What the fuck is going on out here. What the fuck are you doing talking to my girlfriend, huh?"

His girlfriend.

"I just said that, so he could piss off. I didn't mean it like that."

I froze. He stops in his tracks. I remove my legs around his torso and I get off of him. He turns around facing me with a little frown in his face and I just ignore him.

I don't know what to say.

I don't give him one glance, I ignore him and I jog up to my Mom, who is walking a few feet away from Mr. and Mrs. H and Reggie.

He then realised what he just said and I hear him call my name.

"Dylan, I-I didn't mean it like that." He quickly tries to get my forgiveness.

"You didn't mean it?!" I shout at him. "Of course you meant it, you said it."

Everyone else keeps walking and I just stand still debating if I should walk away and leave him or stay with him and let him explain what he actually wants to say.