𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑰𝑻𝒀

Finally!  Chapter 30! At last. Still have up to a 100 more chapters to go, trust me you guys are in for a ride.   Like I said, Still going through a mid-live crisis. So frequent update isn't guaranteed but it will be worth the wait. I just thought I'd stop by to update.

And as promised here is chapter 30 and told you 30 is right behind it 29. No fear I dey for you 🤲🏽🥲🤲🏽 no vex ehhh my readers

Random question : do you ever wish you never dated some people in your life?

🦋🦋🦋

𝚉𝙾𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝙱𝙰𝙹𝙸𝙳𝙴
<ZOE BABAJIDE>

It was 2p.m. in the afternoon and I had just finished my exams for the day. Finally, I can breathe a bit because I had just 4 papers left, and thank God they were spaced out this time. Two this Friday and the last two next Monday and finally, we will be allowed to go on our one-month break.

I smiled to myself as I sipped on my drink. I was currently in a cab heading to the main gate. I wasn't ready to waste one minute in this school. With that in mind, I headed home straight, making a mental note to text my sister to help me pick up Serenity from school. She is also writing her promotional exams, and I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast.

On my way home, I ordered food from The Splash; apparently, they leased ChowDeck, a food delivery company so they could make deliveries on and off campus. It was a fantastic idea, and I commend Jacob for it. When I got home a few minutes past 2p.m, I was exhausted; I went to hit the shower first to freshen up, so when the food gets here, I dived in straight and crashed, knowing my sister was going to pick up my daughter.

I sent Chloe a message again to remind her of that simple task, and she responded. "Okay," I just finished getting dressed in baggy shorts and a tank top when I heard the doorbell. I rushed to it. Without giving much thought, I just assumed it was the delivery guys as I opened the door for him with a huge smile. In a split second, the smile dropped because the person at the door wasn't who I was expecting.

"Serenity, that's her name; Serenity is such a lovely name. The state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled." With all the colors darning from my face, I stepped out and short the door behind me, folded my arms, and asked with my head held high. "What do you want, Nathaniel?"

"I'm sorry to barge in on you like this, but I want my daughter. Serenity is mine. Even if you, Zoe, aren't! Please," he said, whispering the last part. I looked at him from up to down, and I chuckled because this had got to be the funniest joke of the day.

"Oh my gosh geez! Are you done? Or you still have more nonsense to spew." He looked dumbfounded and too stunned to speak and I took that as an opportunity to stare him down further saying, "Look, I have no strength for your mediocre shit. I just came back from this really hot sun, and I would appreciate it if you could get the fuck out of my face." I was about to slam the door, but he stopped me midway.