Ch. 28

"Ooh wow..." Kagami-kun said. "It might be bigger than my house."

"Isn't (Y/N)-chan an orphan? Does she lives alone?" Riko-senpai asks, looking around.

"It sounds like there are kids inside." Koganei-senpai said.

"Um.." Kuroko-kun said as Riko-senpai opens the door. They all see a bunch of kids running around, some are crying, laughing, arguing. They could see balloons around too. They see an adult wearing an apron who was holding a stack of clothes, who had just spotted them.

"Oh! You're uniforms. Do you guys go to the same school as (Y/N). Are you here to see (Y/N)-chan?" she asks.

"Miki-san." Kuroko-kun said as if he had just pop out in the middle of no where.

"Oh! Kuroko! You scared me!'

"I was right here the whole time though..." the shadow said, looking confused. Kuroko-kun looks at the team who looks astonished. "Oh. This is Miki-san, an employee here. (Y/N)-chan lives an orphanage."

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!!!!"

"Oh my..." Miki-san said, looking surprised as much as they are after hearing this information.

"Is (Y/N)-chan working?" Kuroko-kun ask, ignoring the shocked team. He knew you wouldn't be sleeping at a time like this. He got you all figured out.

"I'm afraid so." Miki said. "Last time I saw (Y/N), she was studying in her room."

"I'm going to go up and check on her then." the sky blue hair boy said. "And can you take care of them for me?"

"Eh?" Miki said, turning to the team. "Sure. Uh.. Would you like some tea?"

❖❖❖

Kuroko walks upstairs to hear it was more quieter upstairs. He opens the door to see your room. You were listening to music with headphones on, and because of that, you didn't hear Kuroko-kun came into your room. Your elbow was on the desk, your cheek laying on your hand, and your eyes half open, not even focusing on the assignment.

Kuroko-kun suddenly takes off your headphones. You look up, surprised.

"(Y/N)-chan should be in bed right now." he said, sounding angry but with no expression.

"Um.. I.." he points at the bed, not wanting to hear it. You sigh as you got on the bed. As he tucks you in, you gave out a small smile, not letting him notice. The basketball player sits down and watches you sulk.

"Can't sleep. Noisy." you said.

"There's a lot more kids than usual." the shadow agrees.

"Birthday party. Some kids at the kindergarten came." you said. "It's the reason why I'm not sleeping." you giggled. "I'd never thought I would see the day that Kuro-tan tuck me in and act like my dad."

You suddenly thought that this was a dream, thinking that its the fever getting to you. 'That's right. It's just a dream. This is probably just a dream... Kuro-tan will never do this to me.. Visit me and like that..'

"Kuro-tan?"

"Yes? What is it?"

"I'm really glad I met you." you said, smiling. Your eyes were closed, and since you thought it was a dream, you wanted to tell him how you felt. "There was something.. Something I always, always wanted to tell you... I..."

Knock, knock. Kuroko-kun heard a knock on the door. As he looks at the door for a moment, and turn back to look at you, he sees you already sleeping. He gets up. All of a sudden, you grab his hand.

"Kuro-tan.. Please don't leave." He smiles and moves your hand and puts it on the bed.

"I would never."

'But if you keep surprising me like that, I won't be able to hold back. When I'm with you I feel that everything is going to be okay, no matter how hard or worried I am. I won't ever leave you.'

Kuroko-kun opens the door to see the coach, smiling nervously. He walks out of the room, and slowly closes the door.

"Is (Y/N)-chan feeling okay?" Riko-senpai asks.

"Yes." the sky blue hair boy answers. "She's resting now."

"I see." she said, looking sad.

"What's wrong?" Kuroko-kun said, noticing her sadness.

"Huh? Oh it's nothing." she said. "I really don't know anything about (Y/N)-chan. I'm a little ashamed."

"I felt the same in the beginning." Kuroko-kun said, agreeing. "But she gradually became closer to me, step by step. I'm sure it would be the same with you too. Give it time."

"Thanks, Kuroko-kun." she said. "I'm jealous that you two have that special bond. Ah! I have to go."

"Where did Kagami-kun and everyone went to?" the male asks.

"They already left. Hyuuga is waiting downstairs with me though." Riko-senpai said. "Now, see you tomorrow."

Kuroko-kun smiles, thinking what Riko-senpai just said. He suddenly recalls a flashback that happen of what you said, back at Teiko.

❖❖❖

When I saw (Y/N)-chan's home, I was a bit jealous, that I didn't knew anything about her. She was walking me halfway home, even though I told her it was no trouble, but her stubbornness got to her and we were walking. I looked at her, thinking that I want to know a bit more about her. It was nothing, but I was a bit embarrassed when she had caught me glancing at her.

"What's wrong, Kuro-tan?" (Y/N)-chan said.

"I was just thinking..." I said. "I don't know anything about (Y/N)-chan... But slowly, I wonder if I can start getting to know you even better."

"I'm sure you will." she said, smiling, walking off. "Come on."

I grab her hand, suddenly catching her surprised. She turns around and I show her a small smile.

"...Thank you." I said. Her cheeks turns slightly pink and averts her eyes. She walks away and I stood there, smiling, with my cheeks feeling hot.