Ch. 56

That day you started to research about basketball. The positions, forms, etc. You even learn about some things about managing thanks a lot to one of the orphans. Interested, you decided to be a manager. You didn't want to tell Kuroko-kun about the situation so that it would be more of a surprise so it remain a secret as you started you first move.

        Your first plan was to talk to the captain of the team. When you open the gym's door, you could hear the sounds of chattering, footsteps, and the ball bouncing. You looked up to see Aomine-kun smiling as he shot basketball perfectly in the hoop. While you were in a daze on how cool Aomine-kun looked, a member walked up to you to see who you were.

        "I don't think I saw you around, who are you?"

        "Oh. Hello, I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I'm looking for the captain here?"

        "Nijimura-san? He isn't here today. Would you like to talk to the vice captain?"

        "You called?" a voice ask. The red head boy looks at you, walking in the conversation. When your eyes made contact, you were intrigued by him. "Do you have business here?"

        "Yes, I'm (L/N) (Y/N). Please to meet you." You slightly bow with a smile.

        "I'm Akashi Seijuro, the vice captain here. What can I do for you, (L/N)-san?"

        "I want to become a manager for the team." Akashi shows you a small smile but-- " Specifically a co-manager."--he frowned. He looks at you, raising his eyebrow, and asks, "Co-manager?"

        "Yes."

        "Is there a reason why you won't help full time?" Akashi asks, smiling though you shook your head.

        "I can't tell you..." the female sweatdrop, not wanting to reveal the fact that she was an orphan.

        "What is your purpose for being a co-manager?" Akashi asks, crossing his arms. You really didn't want to tell him it was because of Kuroko-kun.

        "I'm afraid I can't answer that either." Akashi turns around and sighs.

        "Send her out." You looked at the vice captain, shocked. What did he say?

        "Wait a minute!"

        "Get out." he orders. And you were kicked out of the gym. The boys had felt sorry for you but the gym's door was slammed right in front of your face. You mouth was open, still shocked by the fact you were on the ground. Your thoughts on him was just terrible. He was acting all kind and gentlemen-like that you thought he was a nice guy. Clearly, he wasn't!

        You gritted your teeth, "I'm not giving up that easily!"

❖❖❖

        A week. At least a week and a half that you tried to prove to him but every time each day, you failed. You were thrown out and your temper was getting impatient which doesn't usually happen that often.

        "AKASHI SEIJURO!!" you quickly ran up to him, grabbing his collar.

        "Excuse me, (L/N)-san, you wold you mind letting me go? As you can see, I have practice."

        "Hear me out first!"

        "I believe we had this conversation before." A tick mark was shown on your head. He wasn't kidding you, right? He didn't even told you why you couldn't join.

        "You-" you were cut off by some of the members who actually had been kicking you out of the gym the past week. "Sorry Akashi-san! We'll get her out immediately."