Ch. 42

"Oh. Ryouta-kun was here this whole time?" you asks, getting up looking surprised at the blonde.

"How messed up! I was here the whole time." Kise cries.

"And usually that's Kuro-tan's line." you giggled. Your smile fades away as you look at Kise, who seems to look worried then you. You smiled again with an empty look on your face, "What's with that face? You should smile. It doesn't suit you if you look upset like that."

❖❖❖

'Why does it look like she wants to cry?' I ask myself. I look at (Y/N)-cchi, smiling. Just a couple of minutes ago, I was at the hospital to check up on my legs that had been injured during our match with Too. Why is it had to meet up Aomine-cchi all of a sudden? Why is it that I had to see (Y/N)-cchi at this state? Is God being cruel to me?

At that moment, I decided I wanted to let go.

❖❖❖

"Idiot." Kise said, hugging you.

"Why am I the idiot? I'm not the one you should be comforting." you said. "I'm not crying or anything."

"What has Kuroko-cchi been telling you?" Kise's face turn to irritation, no more like frustration. "Wouldn't he tell yourself not to lie to yourself anymore? If you want to cry then cry!"

"I don't want to cry. But you're kind of making me feel like it.." you admit.

"Actually don't cry." Kise said, breaking away the hug, putting his hand over his face and uses his other hand and puts it in front of your face. He doesn't covered it but still he doesn't want to see you cry.

"What do you mean?" you asks. You see Kise's ears red, when you move his hand away from his face, you could see how red he looked. Your eyes widened.

"I love you (Y/N)-cchi. I've always had. Sometimes I can't stand you crying and suffering. I want to comfort you. I want to be your shoulder. I want to be the one who wipes your tears away. Even just a little, I want to be by your side making you smile. I really love you. I'm glad I met you." your mouth was open, unable to say anything. Tears started to fall. "Wait, why are you crying?"

"I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot. Ryouta-kun.. I'm sorry. Thank you. I'm really happy. But I'm so sorry..." you put your hand over your face, realizing you been asking Kise for help all this time.

"Please don't make that face (Y/N)-cchi! Please smile." Kise said, patting your head. How could he be smiling when he's the one whose hurt? "I already knew you're reply. So please smile for me, (Y/N)-cchi."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." You continue to apologized and you didn't stop.

❖❖❖

I knew it before I left. It felt too unrealistic. Having a fight with (Y/N)-chan, then leave her to confess my feelings only to get rejection. But still here I am. I want to see Tetsu-kun. I left her with Dai-tan and Ki-chan didn't I? I wonder what she was thinking about? I feel after this, I hope me and (Y/N)-chan can become friends again. I want to hug her and laugh with her again. And this time if I get rejected, I will root her on.

I looked around to see if Tetsu-kun was at the place we promised at. But I didn't see the sky-blue haired boy. I turn around to see a couple of boys gathering towards me. But as I turned around again, Tetsu-kun was pulling my arm and dragging me away. I felt a little happy as he did that.

When he let go of me, I touch the spot where he had touched me, and smiled happily. "What is it Momoi-san?"

"Um.." I said, turning red. "Can we sit down somewhere first?"