Ch. 45

"Oi. Tetsu. Hmm?" Aomine-kun notices you were walking behind him, with your head looking down. "Hey, (Y/N)."

"Mm." you said, smiling at him. Aomine-kun knew that you were feeling down but decides to avoid the topic.

"So are we practicing your shoot again today?"

"Yeah." Kuroko-kun nods and looks at you. You smiled and wave your hand.

"I'll be here." you said. After an hour later of practice, Momoi came to see Kuroko-kun's improvement.

"Ah! (Y/N)-chan!" Momoi said, hugging you. "I thought you would be worried about Akashi-kun-"

You covered her mouth.

"Oi. Oi." you whispered. You turn around, wondering if Kuroko-kun heard that. You watch Kuroko-kun as he shoots the ball in the hoop.

"Seven out of ten. That should be useable for a game." Aomine-kun said. Momoi lets go of you and hugs Kuroko-kun.

"Amazing, Tetsu-kun!" she said.

"That hurts, Momoi-san." Kuroko-kun said. A vein pop out of yours and Aomine-kun's head.

"If you're here to distract us, go home!"

"But how did you get so good in so little amount of time?" Momoi asks. As Aomine-kun explains, you look at Momoi who lets go of Kuroko-kun.

"Aomine-kun." Kuroko-kun bows down. "Thank you."

You chuckle along with Momoi, who looks at Aomine, who seems flustered a bit.

"Idiot. What are you thanking me for? I just couldn't stand how badly you sucked." Kuroko-kun smiles.

"Nothing. See you later. I've got to go." Aomine-kun's back was towards Kuroko-kun and as the wind flies into your hair, you couldn't catch what Aomine-kun said to Kuroko-kun. "Let's go Satsuki."

"Hey! Wait up, Dai-chan! Dai-chan!"

"Okay." Kuroko-kun said, smiling. You look at Kuroko-kun for a moment.

"Wait a minute, Kuro-tan. I need to talk to Sat-tan for a second. Can you wait here for me?"

"Sure." the sky blue hair boy answers. You quickly walk up to Momoi, who had finally catch up to Aomine-kun.

"Sat-tan!" you said.

"(Y/N)-chan.." she said. "What's wrong?"

"Do you still.." like Kuro-tan? You wanted to finished your sentence but it seems like Momoi had already knew what you were going to ask.

"Yeah, I do." she said. "I don't regret it. I will fight my way things through even though I'm at disadvantage. I won't give up till you have chosen Tetsu-kun."

"Is that so?" you chuckle. "Sat-tan, I wanted to ask you something."

"Hurry, make it quick." Aomine-kun said.

"Please also help me my managing skills. If they're is anything I can improve on and that I lack on, I want you to tell me. I want to make Seirin improve more."

"Mm." she said, smiling. "I thought about your feelings for Akashi-kun, by the way. I can't seem to understand it but I good luck to whoever you choose."

"Can we leave? This conversation is hurting my ears." Aomine-kun comments. The blue hair boy starts to walk away and leave.

"Dai-chan!" Momoi said, walking away. When you see Momoi and Aomine-kun walking away, you smile, whispering to Momoi, good luck as well. You don't know but you had always felt that Momoi had feelings for Aomine-kun. Even if she showed signs for Kuroko-kun, a part of you wanted to believe that. Not just because you liked Kuroko-kun yourself, but Momoi seems to show off hints. She was probably in a love triangle herself.

"Sorry for the wait, Kuro-tan." you said, feeling a bit better.

"(Y/N)-chan." Kuroko-kun said. "You and Momoi-san.. You two reconciled?"

"Yeah." you said, smiling, showing a peace sign. He smiles, relieved to hear that. But his smile fades away and looks at they sky, thinking about something. You didn't notice it but.. Kuroko-kun was hiding something. But you didn't know what.

When Kuroko-kun takes you home, you heard something. When you opened the door, you heard the kids crying, the adults narrowing their eyes down.

"What's going on? Why is everyone crying?"

"(Y/N)." Miki said. You see her crying.

"What's going on?" you asks. Kuroko-kun notices your hand was shaking a bit. He holds onto your hand and the shaking stop but you were still feeling anxious.

"The orphanage is closing." Your eyes widen when Miki said that. Kuroko-kun looks at you for a moment.

"No way.."