Ch. 61: Final

It gone by so quickly with Kagami out of the zone and Kuroko being back on the benched for the third time. It was just then Akashi had missed a passed but he didn't. Someone had the same skill as Kuroko. You look at number 5, Mayzumi Chihiro. "Can it be.. the same as Kuroko?"

"It is slightly different. He has the same traits as Tetsuya, but the basic specs are all one notch higher. If you were to call Tetsuya the old model, then Chihiro Mayzumi is the new model for the phantom sixth man."

"Mayzumi Chihiro-san." you let out. "I met him before when I went to Rakuzan. So the bad feeling I had about him..."

"Substitution, black team." the referee calls after the bell rings.

"Furihata-kun.." you sweatdrop with a smile, seeing as the Chihuahua was in front of a lion, Akashi. "Go for it Furihata-kun!" But quickly when Rakuzan calls for a time out, Furihata comes back, his legs had already ran out of power. Another first year had taken his place and in the end you got to see Furihata burst in tears, of wanting to be stronger. You softly thought to yourself, wishing him good luck. Because someday in the near future, he will go back on the court.

Even after a few one-on-ones with Hyuuga and Mabuchi, and Nebuya and Kiyoshi, Kagami and Hayama, steadily, everyone was slowly getting tired and points are increasing. You see Coach, in tears and quickly you went in to pat her on the back. A 25 point gap.. Everyone had wanted to forget the 25 gap and hopefully continue as gain a positive outlook on this but even so, Hyuuga was also being desperate and received his fifth foul. Everyone was slowly giving losing their hope.

Their heads were down, all of them. It was unbearable to see. A teardrop started to run down Kuroko-kun's cheek. "I won't accept this... I want to win... I want to win! Even if it's pointless..! Even if there's no chance of it, happening..! I want to become the number one team in Japan with everyone!!"

"Kuro-tan." No, Seirin probably have less than one percent chance of winning but we still have one speck of hope left.

Mayzumi and Kuroko goes one-on-one but obviously Mayzumi was overpowering him. Mayzumi was steadily standing out more than Kuroko and that's why he had already dug the grave for the new model. But because of it, Mayzumi was closed off by his teammates. Akashi had no longer have more expectations from Mayzumi Chihiro. He was just now a tool. "Sei-tan..."

Our teammates was getting more and more shine. We could truly see how hard they all worked for the Winter Cup. But.. Akashi was just getting more intimidating just by being up there. He had lost all expectations from all of his teammates and no longer has use for any of them unless it was a simple throwing in the hoop or defending. Akashi was in the zone, planning to defeat this game on his own.

Seirin had taken another time out. Everyone had started to rely on Kagami's strength. Everyone and including you had put a fist pump and tap their first on Kagami. "Good luck, Kagami-tan."

"Kagami-kun. Why don't you give up for once?"

"What the hell are you saying, Kuroko?! After working so hard to get here..."

"I don't mean giving up on the match. I meant, give up fighting on your own. I think that was too heavy a burden for you to shoulder, even though we said we'd trust you... So if that's the case, then why not let me help you carry that burden?"

"I can't do something like that.. I'm find on my own! I'll try to do this somehow...! Just a little bit more.." Kagami flinches and realizes his mistake. He smiles at Kuroko-kun and nods. "..I got it now. Guess I'll take on your offer after all. Let's do it together and win this!"