Ch. 47

"Coach, I'm going to take a breather."

"Okay. The match starts in 10. Be back by then."

"Okay," you said, smiling, flashing a peace sign. As Riko watches you leave the room, she turns around noticing the shadow wasn't i nt he room. "Where's Kuroko-kun?"

"I think he went to get some fresh air as well." Koganei answers.

"Eh, is that so?"

❖❖❖

You took a deep breath.

"(Y/N)." you turn around to see it was Akashi-kun, smiling.

"Sei-tan." you said, cheerfully. Akashi-kun looks at you with surprise, considering you haven't spoken to him since his birthday. "You came to watch the match?"

"You're seem pretty lively today." Akashi-kun said as he nods. "You gotten stronger."

"Nah, I think I'm still a crybaby." you shook your head. Akashi-kun denies it and shakes his head a bit.

"I have a feeling Kuroko might not do so well at today's match. This is probably as far as you two can go."

"I don't believe so." you say, "After all he's got Seirin to watch Kuro-tan's back!"

Akashi smirks and walks up, closer to you. "Have you chosen yet?"

"N-No." you shook your head, feeling tense. You looked away, hoping not to gaze into Akashi's eyes.

"Can't you choose me already?" he notices that you weren't making eye contact, "Momoi has Kuroko. If I had you, there's no need for anyone else." He brings up your chin and that's when you look into his eyes. You couldn't move. "Does it have to be Kuroko? I can't wait anymore."

Your eyes widen as he says that and as he leans in, you pushed him also hearing another saying, "Stop!"

You turn to the fellow as the sky blue hair boy steps in, "Kuro-tan..."

❖❖❖

The day when (Y/N)-chan went to deal with Momoi-san and Kise-kun, I was there. "How long are you going to stay fucken calm?! How much time have you made Tetsu-kun wait?! You know how much it hurts to wait in anticipation! That long.. Stop hurting Tetsu-kun!"

'Momoi-san?' I thought to myself. I was only passing by and when I saw (Y/N)-chan bursting into tears and the captain of the basketball team for Kaijou holding onto Momoi-san, I didn't know what to think. And that's when I heard (Y/N)-chan's feelings. She didn't want to hurt us when she was going to reject one of us. Why didn't I noticed this before? Why didn't I notice how sad (Y/N)-chan was? (Y/N)-chan was worried how happy she would be but the person (Y/N)-chan will reject would be in more pain then she is right now.

Even now she's thinking about other people's happiness instead of hers.

"It would of been better off if I was dead or I haven't met you guys." Those words left me devastated.

After all that, Momoi confessed to me and I understood what (Y/N)-chan meant by hurting the other person who thought about me everyday. Rejection was a painful thing. Even though I'm selfishly continuing to follow the love I chase, when (Y/N)-chan can choose Akashi-kun over me, I don't regret it. I love (Y/N)-chan. That's why I want her to smile and be happy. Even if I'm not the one who could do it.

❖❖❖

"Oh. Kuroko." Akashi said. "Let me get straight to the point now that you're here. Let me have (Y/N)."