Ch. 30

"No.. It's nothing.." you tell Kuroko-kun. "But I promise I will tell you someday."

"Let's be prepared for tomorrow." the sky blue hair boy said, smiling.

❖❖❖

Fighting before the Winter cup, after our win for defeating Senshinkan, we were finally up against Midorima and Shutoku again.

"Good luck." you said, as Kuroko-kun walk to the court. He stops and turns around.

"Thank you." he said, smiling. He walks off with the team. You see Midorima made eye contact with you but he quickly averts them. You smiled and wave hi to him. He looks away and walks up to Kagami-kun. The buzzer rings as the game finally starts.

"Coach.." you said.

"Huh?" she said, looking at you.

"I love games like this. How we don't know whether we lose or not. It's really different, compared to Teiko. But.." you said. "I believe that Kuro-tan and Kagami-kun will win."

We learn later on, that Midorima hasn't been learning any new moves, but he has been working on the basics, the fundamentals, and mastering them which made his shots more accurate. But what's even more surprising was that the green hair basketball player passed. It was the first time...

"What are we going to do though?" Izuki-senpai asks.

"I can't think of any way to stop Shutoku." Hyuuga-senpai said.

"We'll come up with something." Kiyoshi-senpai said, being positive.

"You don't have anything?!" Hyuuga-senpai yells, hitting Kiyoshi-senpai on the head.

"That hurt." he said. "Well, we can start off by benching Kuroko."

"Wha-?"

"If your misdirection doesn't work, you'll only hold us back. You're doing your best, but you're being more of a nuisance. There' really no reason for you to be on the court." Kiyoshi-senpai said, smiling, as Kuroko-kun who looks like he is fading away.

"Let it be newbie." Izuki said, comforting the poor shadow who was fading away.

"Izuki, shut up." Hyuuga-senpai said.

As the buzzer rang, Kuroko-kun went back to his seat. "You'll have your time. Don't lose focus." Koganei-senpai assured him, giving him a towel. You start to fan him, but didn't say anything.

"Thank you." he said, taking the towel.

"Don't worry. Leave it to everyone else."

"I'm fine. If anything, this will make it easier to use my new drive. Besides.." he said, showing a smile. "I'm not worried. I believed in them."