Ch. 52

"So let's start off with Kuroko-kun. Did you start playing basketball in middle school?" Riko asks.

"...No, I began playing in the 5th grade. I saw a match on TV and thought it looked interesting... There's nothing special about why I started." Kuroko-kun started to talk about his friend and when he was finished, Riko had turn to you.

"What about you (Y/N)-chan? Any reasons why you managing the basketball team?"

"Aha.. The truth is... It's because of Kuro-tan." you admitted, with the red color shown on your cheeks.

"Eh?" Even Kuroko-kun was surprised by your answer.

"I'll explain as the story goes along," you said, feeling embarrassed, not able to look anyone in the eye. "Back then, I was never interested in basketball. You all know I was an orphan so I was too busy with extra curricular activities. At the same time, I didn't had friends. I was alone during my childhood."

"What does that have to do with anything?" Kagami-kun asks.

"Shh. Just listen." you shushed Kagami-kun and look towards Kuroko-kun, "You can start first."

"It was a day with blue skies.. Skies so clear that it was hard to believe it was spring." Kuroko-kun started with his story.

The team all listen carefully how he started the team and how he had no one in the beginning. It was all hard work, always vomiting, sweating, but still he continued to play the sport he loved. Not once did he complained, and even staying late at night got him to meet his first friend. Even after all that, one of the coaches had even told him to think about quitting. You were moved and tried your best to not cry. It was then he met Akashi-kun.

"..And that's how I met Akashi-kun. It was also the day, I met (Y/N)-chan."

"Really?" you asks. Everyone's eyes shift towards you. "Eh?"

"Time for your story!" Riko's eyes shine.

"Well, uh.. Um.. Where do I start... As I explained before, I don't have friends that's why..."

❖❖❖

"I'm Kuroko Tetsuya. Nice to meet you." Kuroko-kun walks back to his seat. Meanwhile, the female was tapping her pencil, listening to the introductions also waiting for your turn to do self introductions. As everyone finished, you had already memorized most of their names.

"(L/N)-chan, right?"

'-Chan!?' you nodded, shyly.

"Want to be friends?" you looked at the girl next to her. 'She was in my class last year.'

She had never spoke to you and you wasn't sure if she wanted to be friends with an orphan. If you recalled correctly, she was one of the bystanders when watching you get bullied. "I'm sorry for speaking to you in elementary. I really want to be your friend, though!"

"Okay." At the time, you didn't realize that they were actually your "friends."

❖❖❖

"Sorry, I have family issues to take of! I really wish I can go. Maybe next time?" During your days in Teiko, you were actually busy with work and the orphanage.

"Family issues, yeah right." one of the girls said as soon as you left. "Maybe she has a boyfriend?!"

"Yeah right, she does. I told you we shouldn't be hanging out with an orphan."

"You're right. Let's not hang out with her anymore."