Chapter 72: Briefing

"Firstly, the letter. We received this yesterday morning in the early hours of the day. CCTV showed a shady individual post it, and we didn't get a clear picture of their face, but it was signed by... Well we'll get to that. It reads as follows: Bone Collector's quirk enhancement drug lasts exactly ten minutes, signed Kirakiri." That name again... It sent shivers down my spine. Miruko asked, "Why would we even begin to think about what a villain says? He's probably lying, or trying to trap up somehow."

Sansa continued, "It could be, but the fact that we don't know its authenticity is a problem. Kaiyo and the Underdogs do indeed have quirk enhancement drugs, they were stolen after the Overhaul raid where they intercepted the League of Villains, and they have used several to this date. The UA kids can attest to that." He nodded towards us before continuing, "It corroborates the notion that the Underdogs have several, given their fight with Gigantomachia recently also, where rumours began circulating that Kaiyo herself did indeed use one of the drugs.

Considering this is signed by Kirakiri, who is a vigilante that claims to detest villainy, it isn't far fetched to assume that it is the truth. However, it could also have been forged to make us believe it was by Kirakiri, therefore it may not be wise to heed its words. I mentioned it because it's something to keep in mind just in case the worst happens."

The lights went off, and a projector was turned on, the wall being lit up with a slide. There were three pictures on the wall: A warehouse, a white palace, and a shopping mall. Tamakawa spoke, saying, "These are the three locations of the Underdogs bases. There is a warehouse at the far end of the city, a large white structure at the other end of the city near Mount Aino, and the Kiyashi Ward shopping mall."

The tabby officer then went on to show pictures of various members of the Underdogs, all of whom I had met personally... Some of them twice. One of them even three times. "The three bases are guarded at all times. Tendon Spring and Spike guard the Kiyashi Ward shopping mall, Blizzard, Midas, and Power Fist guard the warehouse at the end of the city, and their palace is defended by Ribbon Dancer and the Bone Collector.

We ran background checks on all of the Underdogs, but nothing too substantial showed up. Seems to be your run of the mill average nobodies who couldn't take the pressures of society, so turned to villainy. Their quirks are as follows: Iwamoto Michio, also know as Spike, appears to have an enhancer type quirk, as he is unnaturally strong. We're unsure if there's more to his quirk than what we've seen, it appears to be a rudimentary form of super strength basically.

Juba Akihiko, also known as Tendon Spring, has a mutant type quirk, while although he looks like a regular human, his entire body, or at least his skin, is made of an extremely elastic substance reminiscent of rubber. Despite the hits he has taken in battle, no physical attacks seem to be able to harm him whatsoever, so we will need an emitter quirk holder to take him out, and since he is paired with Spike, there will be numerous emitters in the party going against those two.

Kuramoto Takahiro, also know as Midas, has an emitter type quirk, allowing him to transmutate anything he touches with the underside of his hands into iron pyrite, also know as Fool's Gold. He was originally one of the weakest members of the Underdogs, but after a recent quirk awakening, it appears he can transform the very air he touches, meaning he can create weapons and armour out of thin air, making him an excellent support for his teammates.

Hayashida Torvald, also known as Power Fist, may have an enhancer type quirk as well, though it could be argued he has an emitter type, as his quirk allows him to super charge a melee attack, generally in the form of a punch. He is immobile during his charge up period, rendering him virtually defenceless, but if he is allowed to charge up his attack, the results can be devastating. At around sixty seconds of charging, he is able to topple entire buildings with ease, so his group will likely defend him while he charges, be wary.