Chapter 46: Copy

Our lives had all changed in less than an hour. Even if U.A. repaired the dorms, there's no way we could go back. As soon aa the public caught wind of the attack, it was over.

" How can you call yourselves the top hero school if you can't even protect them? You should learn to be heroes before trying to teach others how to become one! " Was one of the responses on social media.

" Absolutely sickening. My heart goes out to the families of those poor children who lost their lives due to the insolence of these so called heroes. " Said another user.

" All Might retires, and everyone's brains go to mush. Won't be long now until society collapses just because one person is out of the picture? Pathetic. "

Unlike in most controversial cases, online or in person, the accused always has someone defending them. Not U.A. No one sympathised with anyone except the families of the students and heroes who died.

I got more and more depressed as I scrolled through the comments on my phone after reading the news article that added fuel to the flames. Principle Nezu and Mr Aizawa were being held accountable.

The mansion bell rang, and Yaoyorozu answered the door. She seemed surprised by her guest and welcomed them inside. The familiar tired voice echoed in the main entrance, it was Mr Aizawa.

I didn't mean to snoop, but I overheard him ask, " Do you mind if I stay here a while? I need to lay low, I can't even leave my own house with how many protestors are outside. "

So we had one of our teachers living with us. Wait... Was he even our teacher any more? Not officially. U.A. was dead. The remaining students were sent back home to their parents to find another school to finish their courses in.

" What happens to us now Mr Aizawa? " Yaoyorozu asked worriedly.

Sighing, he looked down and responded, " I don't know. I'm not going to be allowed to teach any more. I'll probably lose my hero license. Everyone's parents want them home too. If you want to stay in contact with your friends I'd recommend you make arrangements today. You might not see them again for a long time. "

I decided not to listen through the crack of my door any more, and opened it, walking to the top of the stairs. I didn't quite shout, but I spoke in a voice loud enough to be heard.

" What if we bring U.A. back? " I asked.

He chuckled, " And how do you suppose we change the minds of everyone who hates us? "

" If we take down the Sinister Six, we can prove that U.A. has been doing their job of making great heroes! We won that fight! No one talks about the good, only the bad, so if we beat the Six without any losses, we'll gain the respect of the public back! "

It was almost wild talk, desperate ramblings as the growing realisation that we were going to end up going to different schools started to come to mind. I didn't want to say goodbye to anyone. Not again.

" If only the world worked like that. We'd go in today, double our efforts to find and eradicate the Six, U.A. would be back. We'd sing a happy song under a rainbow with birds flying around our heads. This isn't a Disney movie Alex, life doesn't always have a happy ending.

I'm sorry, you don't want to say goodbye to your friends. But it's a part of life. I'm having to say goodbye to four of my friends today. Their funerals are being held this evening. Attend if you wish. If you'll excuse me, I have to prepare a disguise so that I can attend in peace. "

At that, he hurried off to an empty room and closed the door, not actually bringing anything with him. He may appear emotionless, but he was clearly upset over yesterday's losses.