Chapter 25: Movie Night

The next morning, a few of us were eating breakfast together in the dining room of our dorm.

There was Kaminari, Shoji, Ojiro, Hagakure, and I sitting around on various seats in the room eating our breakfast, Ojiro choosing to stand, leaning against one of the counters whilst eating.

Mineta rushes into the room with a distraught look on his face, Tsu not too far behind him. Before any of us can ask what's wrong, Mineta screams and shows us his phone,

"How could you betray me like that and get up to naughty things in the dorm of Class 1-B?!" His nose was streaming.

I stare at his screen with a horrified expression on my face, as Mineta had seen Juzo's picture that he'd taken of Pony and I the day before.

Pony had an almost lewd expression on her face as I was bent over her on the Twister map, and Kaminari choked on his cereal.

Hagakure commented, "Wow Alex, I didn't know you were so... Uhm... Forward..."

"N-No! It wasn't like that! It was Twister gone wrong, nothing else! Pony texted me and invited me over yesterday because they needed an extra player and it just got a little weird."

I said to defend myself, turning to Hagakure who was two seats down from me, Kaminari in between us still recovering.

"Pony?" Tsu said as she came up to me from behind, causing me to jump. "I didn't realise you had her number."

"Oh, morning Tsu. Yeah, I have several numbers from Class 1-B, for the beach party remember?

It was just a few at first, like Tetsutetsu and Juzo, but they introduced me to Pony, too. She speaks English so we talk sometimes."

Tsu didn't respond to that as she thought to herself, and Ojiro piped up, "Sounds like a set up. The only two English students in the school and they're both the same age? Total set up."

I tripped over my words a few times before Shoji came in for the rescue.

"Is it wrong to assume that two people with common interests may become friends, and therefore be introduced to one another?

It's a little immature to believe that everything to do with high school has something to do with drama or romance."

Funny, how the youngest student was telling the rest of us about maturity, but I agreed mostly to back myself up and give Tsu peace of mind.

"Yes, exactly, thank you, Shoji. See? There's nothing to be worried about, it's just friends of friends being introduced."

"Why would we be worried if you were hooking up with a girl from the next class over?" Kaminari asked, wiping his mouth as he was finally breathing again.

"Were you not listening?! We're not hooking up!"

That was a close call for Tsu and I, who had been keeping our secret under wraps for the time being.

She didn't seem at all impressed with the situation, and got her breakfast to eat in silence. After I finished my breakfast, I cleaned up and put away the dishes.

I really wasn't sure what to do, whether I should tell her later or text her now about it, but texting didn't really seem like the appropriate action.

Various thoughts ran through my head, each scenario getting increasingly worse as I thought them out.

My anxiety started acting up as I felt like I'd broken some unwritten rule about relationships and having a girlfriend that I was too thick to understand or realise.