Chapter 49: Villains

I stepped inside the small building, which despite me being told it wasn't their hideout, it was obviously their hideout. Toga was sitting on a beanbag in the corner, Dabi was leaning up against a wall a few meters down from her. Twice was on another beanbag beside Toga.

Shigaraki and Mr Compress were sitting at a table, discussing something before I came in. There was one more seat for Spinner, a bar stool. I didn't have a anywhere to sit, but since I didn't intend to spend too much time there, I didn't mind.

" Yo, so when are we going after the Six? " I asked immediately.

" Straight to business huh? " Shigaraki asked. He pushed his seat a foot away from the table and turned to face me. " We're gonna need to establish a bond of trust. "

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms as Toga got up and started to approach me. " Really? Why's that? "

Shigaraki replied like it was a stupid question, which in fairness it was really. " You're a hero! Who's to say you're not trying to infiltrate us and tear is from within? Look, all we want is your help with a quick mission to prove we can trust you before we attack the Six. "

Toga was quite close to me at this point and I looked at her, wondering what she wanted. She then pulled out a knife, " I bet your blood tastes good! If we get into trouble I might be able to use your quirks if I have your blood! "

Now at this point, she didn't actually know she could do that. They were all under the assumption it was due to her having the quirk enhancing drug, but Toga just wanted an excuse to cut me and have some of my blood anyway, so lied.

I recoiled for her and gently pushed her away by her shoulders, " Stay away from me. " I said before turning back to Shigaraki. " What's the mission? I won't be killing anyone, hurting any heroes, or doing anything that'll get me seen, before we start. "

" He's not an idiot, he wouldn't ask you to do any of those things. " Dabi said, leaning against the wall still, disinterested in the situation. But something about him told me that despite him appearing distant, he could kill me in an instant if he so wished.

This piqued my curiosity, so I asked, " And who are you exactly? "

He chuckled and looked up at me, with his saggy charred flesh dropping down against the staples. " You haven't done too much research on us have you? I'm Dabi. " He said, demonstrating his power by toying with blue flames around his hands. Interesting.

Shigaraki, a little annoyed at having been interrupted twice now, continued, " We're low on funds. Ever heard of the Creature Rejection Clan? "

I shook my head, so he continued, " They're a group of religious nut jobs that want to kill anyone who has a mutant quirk. "

This instantly annoyed me, considering Tsu and Tokoyami were mutants. Spinner was also a mutant, and he looked a little uneasy. Still continuing, Shigaraki explained, " They were much bigger, but split off into a bunch of different subgroups. This one however has low defenses and a good amount of money. So we're just gonna rob them and be on our way. Help us with that and we can trust you. "

Toga tried to touch me again but I glared at her, to which she put her knife away and sat back down on her beanbag, pouting and crossing her arms. Mr Compress went on to tell me, " When we get the goods, I will make them all magically disappear into our possession! Easy peasy! We could even give you a cut- " he began to offered before Shigaraki stared at him.

Luckily for him, I shook my head. " I don't want dirty money. No offense to you guys, but I got no idea where they got it from. Could have mutant blood money on my hands. "