Chapter 10: Sports Festival, Battle!

As soon as the countdown finished, he ran towards me. I jumped out of the way and teleported behind him, and punched him automatically.

There was an audible thud and I recoiled my hand, "Kuso!" I blurted out as I held my throbbing hand.

I'd basically just punched a brick wall. Gritting my teeth, I took a few steps back, being aware of my surroundings, so as not to step out of bounds.

This matchup wasn't going to end well, or at best, become a stalemate. He jumped at me again and I dodged instead of teleporting.

I turned on my heels and slammed my palm into him, making sure my fist was well open, to maybe throw him off balance. It didn't hurt as much, and he did stumble slightly, but I'd have to kick it up a few notches if I were to damage him.

I teleported to the edge of the boundaries and ran as fast as I could. He stood there, not sure what I was up to, and I jumped at him. He just turned to avoid me, and tracked my body as I missed.

He blinked and was taken by surprise when my body disappeared and reappeared meters from him, and I ran into him, pushing him with all my might. I knocked him down and ran again, jumping up, and intended to slam down onto him.

He saw what I was doing and rolled away, jumping up onto his feet. I teleported beside him but he assumed I was going to and counterattacked, slamming nearly forty kilograms of rock across my chest and throwing me back a fair distance.

I nearly fell out of bounds, and had the breath knocked out of me. I coughed a few times and got back up.

"A-are you alright?" He asked. Such a nice guy.

I bore it with a grin and walked back towards him, "You think I'm gonna get knocked down by that? Come on, give me a break, you underestimating me?"

His grin returned and he ran towards me again. I dodged the attack by teleporting to the side and then back again to get a few hits in.

My hands were stinging, red and sore. But I ignored the pain. I wasn't going to lose, no way! He hit me, this time across the face. I fell backwards and onto my back again, a little dizzy from the hit.

I opened my mouth and moved my jaw around a little to make sure it wasn't broken. My lip was bleeding and there was a discernible mark on my face.

"Come on man, I can see it, I don't wanna hurt you. Just give up."

I stood up again and wiped my face.

"A true hero never gives up. Even when facing against someone stronger than themselves. You'll win when you get me out of bounds or you beat me into submission."

I could see he was feeling bad, but he pressed on and went in for the attack again. I was slowing down a little, and just barely dodged. He was still at full speed so was able to turn and hit me again.

I put my arms up to defend myself and he slammed my arms, pushing me back yet again. I teleported to my feet as the crowd watched me get myself beaten up. I didn't know until later but they almost intervened and forced me to quit.

I took the beating in a stride and retaliated, fuelling my anger to spur me on. I pushed against him, grabbing his hands as they came in to punch me, and pushing against him with all my might.

I only just budged him slightly, pushing him back a single step as he was just about to get the upper hand. I teleported away and the force of him pushing against me caused him to stumble, and I pushed him over.

I cupped my hands together and brought them above my head, slamming them down onto his back. There was another thud, this one louder, and he buckled slightly before pushing himself onto his feet and turning to throw a punch at me.