Chapter 36: Death

Not much had happened for me the rest of that day. Nothing exciting, just watched some television with friends, trying to forget what had happened between Pony and I.

Later on that night, Tsu and I went to sleep. The next morning, I felt the bed spring upwards slightly as Tsu got out of the bed, and I turned around groaning as I asked,

" What are you doing up so early on a weekend, Tsu? "

" I have that... Mission. I can't tell you anything, I shouldn't even have told you I have a mission, kero. Keep it to yourself, I'll be back in a few hours. "

She was getting ready pretty fast, already in her hero costume as I sat up and rubbed my eyes a little.

" Oh, well uh, stay safe alright? I have my father's cremation to oversee in a couple of hours, I don't want to attend another one soon. "

I said to her, a hint of concern in my voice as obviously I was worried for her. She was going to do something dangerous, yet I didn't know just how dangerous it was until after the fact.

" Don't worry, kero, I'll be with Ryukyu, remember? We'll be fine. Sorry I can't attend your father's cremation. " She said as she walked towards the door.

" Ugh, I envy your ability to be absent... "

She giggled, " Love you. "

" Love you too. "

With that, she left. I didn't want to get up just yet, so I teleported into my own bed, which was too cold to fall back asleep in, so got up after another fifteen minutes.

My father didn't want a funeral, not did anyone else want to attend his even if he did have one. He didn't have many friends.

I didn't tell any of my friends either, because I didn't want anyone to be giving me condolences. I honestly just wanted to be left alone until Tsu got home.

Other than the cremation, there was nothing planned at the time for the next week or so. ' We might be having the School Festival soon... ' I thought to myself.

That wasn't something I wanted to think about either, as it likely meant if have to participate with something stupid. I'd either overdo it or underdo it too, so either way I wasn't looking forward to it.

Besides, I was starting to get nervous about the villains. As far as I knew, I had four different groups to worry about. I didn't know how bad it actually was, the six of them grouping up together made things much worse.

I put on semi smart clothes at least for respect of the crematorium, and arrived there at the specified time. I watched as my father's body was brought into a small room, where a man was standing.

Some crematoriums, as long as there is consent given by the family of the deceased, have a bionic flamethrower. An actual live human who has a flame quirk, to burn the corpses instead of using up gas.

A rather morbid job, but well paying if you can stomach the smell.  We'd agreed for that to be a reasonable method of cremation, so after being shut in a room with a glass wall, the cremation took place.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes as it took place, and decided to check my messages. Nothing from Tsu yet. I kept checking my messages every few minutes from the moment she'd left.

My phone vibrated and I instantly looked to see if it was her. It wasn't. However, it was a nice message from Kamui Woods.

Kamui: Hope everything is going well. Or, rather, as well as it can go considering...

Alex: Thanks. I'll be able to come in within an hour or so.

Kamui: No no, it's fine. I know today is your last day and all, but again there's not much else to do other than paperwork. We're still trying to get info on Kirakiri and the Bone Collector.