Chapter 61: Game

Kirakiri was lying on a beanbag, beside his mother. He sat up and looked at her, smiling softly. She smiled back at him.

" What's up with you today? You seem so cheerful, it's nice. " She said to him.

" It's just nice to see your face again, mom... I've been stressed out about a few things... Would I be too old to ask for a hug? " He asked.

She smiled again, " Of course not, Haruto. I'd be happy to oblige. "

She came over to him and wrapped her arms around him softly, before stroking his hair and saying, " It'll all be ok, Haruto. You don't have to worry about anything. You have your best friend, Yuto, looking out for you. Rely on him more, alright? "

He sighed and swatted her away, as she turned into clouds and disappeared. Sairokaku was sitting at a desk on the other side of the room, monitoring a large number of security cameras.

" That wasn't exactly what I was expecting. " Kirakiri said to him.

Sairokaku didn't look at him, keeping his eyes glued to the screens, and stated hazily, " Gotta mix it up a little, you know? Don't want the same visions every time, it'll get boring. "

He sighed again and got up, preparing to leave the building. " I'm going out now, I'll be back in maybe two hours? No promises though. If I'm not back within three, assume I'm captured or dead. "

" Yeah, yeah, that's what you say every time. I know you think you're calming my nerves by saying that, but you're really not. Just don't do anything stupid, and come back to me. I'll be here, watching, as usual. " Sairokaku said to him, still intensely watching the screens.

Kirakiri scoffed as he opened a door, " You gotta relax a bit, you'll hurt your eyes. "

Sairokaku pressed a button, which caused something to power down. He nodded, and Kirakiri walked out of the room. Sairokaku looked at him through the reinforced glass beside the door, just to make sure.

When he was out of his sight, Sairokaku continued to study each screen, watching Kirakiri as he exited the building. There was one last camera, hidden, on the outside of the building. After a few minutes, Kirakiri was out of sight.

" You better be careful. Who knows what she'll do to you if she catches you? " Sairokaku said to himself.

Back at the police station, it was 12:29, only a minute before the operation was to begin. Shinsou took his time walking into the building, and being directed to Tsukauchi's office.

He opened the door without knocking, and saw the Lurkers, Mr Aizawa, and a few select members of the police force sitting around a table. Tsukauchi smiled at the boy.

" You made it, just in time too, we were about to begin. Let's not delay, and get straight to the chase. Most of you know why we're here, but let's recap. Judging by the information we could gather, the Sinister Six have split up.

Considering the law that abolishes heroes will be passing in just under two days, we wanted to gather a small group of heroes last minute to do one final legal operation. I entrust everyone here to keep quiet about this.

Despite it being legal, it's still shady what we're doing. If the public found out about this, we'd be chewed up by the media. Now, back to the Sinister Six.

We know that Kinzokuma is out of action after sacrificing himself to disarm the nuke. Miraculously, he survived, and is in hospital being closely monitored by Rock Lock, in case he wakes up in a bad mood.

Kinzokuma, or if we're using his real name, Kyogane Hassaku, has been paralysed, so shouldn't be a threat. How he's going to be treated after he awakens is an issue to be discussed another day.